PDA

View Full Version : Ladies wearing men's Rolex

Pages : [1] 2

girltime
18 January 2011, 02:22 PM
I recently tried on a men's Rolex and the size felt nice and it looked great on the wrist. I'm still doing my research and trying to find the ONE.

The jeweler told me he is seeing more women purchasing men's over the women's.

Please post your wrist pics.

wrxsti
18 January 2011, 02:39 PM
bought this or my wife for this past christmas

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/subzero_wrx/e4352dde.jpg

girltime
18 January 2011, 02:48 PM
It goes great with her wedding ring.

DG123
18 January 2011, 03:17 PM
Go for it !

I recently tried on a men's Rolex and the size felt nice and it looked great on the wrist. I'm still doing my research and trying to find the ONE.

JohnEaton
18 January 2011, 03:38 PM
I think a men's Rolex looks great on a ladies wrist :dude:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/DirtCheapJohn/gtgftlaud14.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/DirtCheapJohn/000DSSDSub4700ft.jpg

Andad
18 January 2011, 03:44 PM
My wife tried on my SD when I got it but she thought it was too big. (lucky for me).:thumbsup:

RRY
18 January 2011, 03:48 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/DirtCheapJohn/000DSSDSub4700ft.jpg

Divers in a hot air balloon! :cheers:

SS Oyster
18 January 2011, 04:09 PM
Bought my wife a SD and she loves it

Tank102
18 January 2011, 04:11 PM
A womans watch is supposed to be smaller. Women have smaller hands. A big watch on a woman does not look right.

It is a fad.

chestercopperpot
18 January 2011, 04:30 PM
A womans watch is supposed to be smaller. Women have smaller hands. A big watch on a woman does not look right.

It is a fad.

be nice, these are folks wives you're speaking of. if it's a fad, then so are shoelaces. the first wristwatches were worn by women anyway. c'mon man.

dmacintyre
18 January 2011, 04:38 PM

It is a fad.

It's not a fad, it's current fashion. The same fashion which at some time in the past influenced your opinion on what size a woman's watch should be.

tictocChuck
18 January 2011, 04:48 PM
I've seen a women wearing a Milgauss and another one with a Submariner.....as I understand it, according to my AD, Asian women in particular like the large watches....perhaps the trend started over there....surprised me...but my wife still does like her 26mm 2-tone!

Morrie
18 January 2011, 05:23 PM
Well I recently bought my daughter another watch, because she is now 50 and struggling to read her Tudor Princess oysterdate. This was a worry on nurse duties, difficult to take pulse etc. I dont have a beef with ladies going for a mans size watch, in my case I bought my girl an Omega auto adj in 2 positions piece that was far easier than the Princess to read, it had a clear face. After all said and done The reason anyone wears a watch is to know the time..so if your sights a bit off (after age 45 why not a mans watch.

Gerardus
18 January 2011, 05:27 PM
Welcome, my wife wears a datejust 36mm 116200 and before that a 15200 34mm(date).
And she loves it.

Andad
18 January 2011, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the Forum Morrie.

I agree with you.

I really need a grandfather clock.:chuckle:

KirkWilfred
18 January 2011, 05:35 PM
36mm datejust is perfect

Atomant
18 January 2011, 05:53 PM
Well I personally think it's really sexy for a lady to be wearing a mens size watch! Good luck in your hunt and pls post some wrist shots once you got it! :)

duckdown
18 January 2011, 06:32 PM
I think it's sexy as well.

Singslinger
18 January 2011, 07:10 PM
:thumbsup:The 36mm Explorer or a Daytona of any description would look good.:cheers:

steubi1
18 January 2011, 07:19 PM
The larger sports models look terrible on a small wrist, if not to say ridiculous.
Nothing worse than one of this big, oversized Panerais on a 6 inch wrist....

I personally would never wear a DSSD for this reason (I have a 6.5 inch wrist).

This has nothing to do with male or female, it is just a question of wrist size and esthetics. So, if you have a large wrist, then you could go for a larger watch. If not, I would chose something around 34-36mm in diameter.

But that, of course, is only my personal view. Others might see it differently.

Kind regards
Tom

hfchoi
18 January 2011, 08:24 PM
...., according to my AD, Asian women in particular like the large watches....perhaps the trend started over there....

I think it might have. Women here in hong kong have been wearing men's sport watches for years. I've seen daytonas to subs and milgauss. Actually, no modern day Asian female wears the women DJ models!

I think they should stick to women models as it takes away some of the individuality for men - it is designed for men afterall. Just my opinion though.

esm
18 January 2011, 09:27 PM

It is a fad.

really? so it is okay for you to speak for every women in the world...?

its like men, the women came in all different height and sizes. some are taller than men, and that is the fact :lol:

it is just a narrow minded thinking.

Puffy
18 January 2011, 09:31 PM
loads of chicks at work wear Rolex, anything from Subs, GVs to Daytonas. looks great. plenty to look at in the lifts :cheers:

tuisquash
18 January 2011, 10:25 PM
I gave to my wife a djII. Wear what you want.

gman54
18 January 2011, 10:35 PM
My wife wanted my blue dial Turn-O-Graph on jubilee band. So I happily had it sized for her and placed it on her arm... while the AD sized the band on my new GMT Master II :-) If she ever decides she doesn’t want to wear it I’ll reinstall the links and happily wear it again.

scotty38
18 January 2011, 10:36 PM
A womans watch is supposed to be smaller.

Is that a fact or opinion?

Women have smaller hands.

Generally speaking you may be correct

A big watch on a woman does not look right.

Definitely just your opinion!

It is a fad.

Maybe, but they'll look good while it lasts.

What other opinions do you have about women?:thinking:

dsio
18 January 2011, 10:42 PM
White dial or GV Milgauss / White dial Daytona / YG Daytona or DD looks great on a lady, absolutely love the look, something about a large, mens sized watch makes a lady's wrist and arm look more feminine by contrast.

That and I always think it looks completely hot, love it.

ray_g
18 January 2011, 10:43 PM
IMO, the 36mm DJ size looks nice. My wife still prefers her 26mm ladies watch however, even though, nowadays, she needs to put on reading glasses just to tell the time! My teenage daughter, on the other hand, is asking for my '66 Constellation.

Lisa
18 January 2011, 11:11 PM
My first Rolex was a Lady DJ - 26mm - but I found the dial difficult to read. So, my current watches are a 34mm Date and 40mm Explorer II.

That's my wrist at the bottom -

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/lausterman/DSC01753.jpg

Not a good pic, but you get an idea of "scale" with the Explorer II:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/lausterman/DSC01815.jpg

best wishes on your search for the perfect watch. Take your time - and enjoy!:cheers:

DCgator
19 January 2011, 12:11 AM
I think it might have. Women here in hong kong have been wearing men's sport watches for years. I've seen daytonas to subs and milgauss. Actually, no modern day Asian female wears the women DJ models!

I think they should stick to women models as it takes away some of the individuality for men - it is designed for men afterall. Just my opinion though.

You must not be secure in your masculinity that it sounds like a threat when a woman wears a man's watch. A woman wearing a man's watch does not take away some of a man's individuality nor are big watches designed solely for men. It's 2011 now if you've not noticed.... no more caves or cavemen, etc. :)

rolexertion
19 January 2011, 12:18 AM

It is a fad. Of course. Just like them new-fangled thangs called telly-phones. And telly-visions. And auty-mobiles. And them air-plane thingies. If'n God had meant man ter fly, he'd-a given'im wings! :lol:

I've always figured women can wear just exactly what they want to, just like men.

tanndonn
19 January 2011, 12:18 AM
My wife has a midsize datejust and loves the size, thought the ladies was too small for her. She wore my Exp II to her 20 year reunion and it looked fantastic on her. I also love to see a woman wearing a ball cap and playing golf.

tanndonn
19 January 2011, 12:29 AM
My wife has a midsize datejust and loves it. She always thought that the 26mm was too small for her. She wore my ExpII to her 20 year reunion and it looked fantastic on her, she loooked good as well. I also like to see a woman wearing a ball cap and playing golf.
SORRY, ist post didn't initially post.

bemik
19 January 2011, 12:36 AM
Whatever works!! :lol::lol:

TopNotchChach
19 January 2011, 02:20 AM
I always think its super cool when a woman wears a guys rolex.

Lion
19 January 2011, 02:30 AM
There are many possibilities and choices out there and I see nothing wrong in women wearing the watch they want!!!

RolexV3
19 January 2011, 03:47 AM
I agree. I think it's HOTT when women wear larger Men's sized watches.. It's their choice to wear them so no complaints here.. Here are a few
of my photo contributions (some maybe borrowed)

chrono1g
19 January 2011, 04:02 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/35/434535/karolina_kurkova_010.jpg
http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/81/445881/wi6iis1.jpg
http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/57/518957/daytonagirl.jpg
http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/28/538428/elle_macpherson0.jpg
http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/8/553508/elle2.jpg

axecollector65
19 January 2011, 04:13 AM
In today's trend of bigger watches, the rolex (sport watches) are right sized for women based on the popularity of 44mm+ watches for men. Don't forget......back in the 70's and 80's rolex sport watches were considered big compared to other brands. I ride motorcycles and I've also seen the trend of more and more women riding Harley's as their husbands/boyfriends have graduated to bigger choppers and custom bikes. Acutually Harley is targeting women riders as their new customer based for growth. I contribute the trend of women wearing and riding men's product to the increase in women in power positions in the corporate world. As the female demographics get more educated and start to take on more senior level jobs they feel the power trip should include a high end watch that the powerful male counterparts wear and the cars and motorcyles they ride. This is just my observation as I am part of the corporate world that wears high end watches and ride high end motorcycles.

Boadicea
19 January 2011, 04:43 AM
I've always figured women can wear just exactly what they want to, just like men.

Not really... Would a man wear a lady DJ? I don't think so... and if he did, he would look very, very silly. :dummy:

BXNupe
19 January 2011, 05:23 AM
Wear what you want and what makes you feel good. Who freak'n cares what other people think!

For what it is worth, my wife has a 26 mm DJ. When it was in the shop, she wore my 36 mm DJ (Thunderbird). Now, after I paid the astronomical service bill to get her watch out -- but that's another story -- she won't give my watch back! UGH. However, I must say that she wears it well.

cgjane
19 January 2011, 05:51 AM
Not really... Would a man wear a lady DJ? I don't think so... and if he did, he would look very, very silly. :dummy:

not if HE was wearing a dress and some pumps. :dummy:

CanuckArborist
19 January 2011, 06:01 AM
Personally I think women wearing larger watches (men's or ladies) is really sexy. My girlfriend has several larger sized watches (Armani, Technomarine and even old POP Swatches!) and they all look great. She looks particularly good wearing my Ebel 1911 BTR 1215862. :agree:

But it really is personal choice, go with whatever you feel comfortable with. :thumbsup:

Boadicea
19 January 2011, 06:17 AM
not if HE was wearing a dress and some pumps. :dummy:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: VERY TRUE! I stand corrected! :thumbsup:

JasoninDenver
19 January 2011, 06:21 AM
My first Rolex was a Lady DJ - 26mm - but I found the dial difficult to read. So, my current watches are a 34mm Date and 40mm Explorer II.

That's my wrist at the bottom -

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/lausterman/DSC01753.jpg

Not a good pic, but you get an idea of "scale" with the Explorer II:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/lausterman/DSC01815.jpg

best wishes on your search for the perfect watch. Take your time - and enjoy!:cheers:

I personally think that Lisa's Explorer II is the perfect size for her.

It is not a male/female issue here, but one of the appropriate size for one's body proportions.

My wife is 5'11" and anything smaller than 34-35mm jut looks like a little bracelet on her wrist.

I am 5'11" as well and anything over 42mm looks like some form of an orthopedic device on my arm.

Widows Son
19 January 2011, 06:54 AM
This topic always seems to end up in a brawl. Maybe the search button would be helpful. My wife wears a 31MM DJ and it looks great on her. The 26MM was just too hard to read. A watch doesn't make a woman sexy, anymore that a sports car can make a caveman look sexy. A man wearing a 50+MM Uboat looks just as silly as a woman wearing a giant sports watch dangling from her wrist like a dangle bracelet. Just to be fair though, if a man has a 5/12 inch wrist, he looks silly wearing a 40MM watch too. Has nothing to do with sexism, but has everything to do with proportions. Wear whatever you want, just don't expect everyone to agree with you.

Chipmunk
19 January 2011, 07:02 AM
It's all good. I say go for it.

Rlx4mle
19 January 2011, 08:08 AM
Hah, my first post and it is to show that women DO rock a man's watch:dude:. Here's my DJ 36mm given to me by DH for my January milestone bday (courtesy of Tony G., aka justrolexes on TRF--Thanks, Tony:thumbsup:!):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/bebzphernz/602235193_photobucket_6760_.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/bebzphernz/602235193_photobucket_6755_.jpg

Sorry, pics aren't that clear. Anyway, I LOVE wearing (and looking at) my DJ so much that I've even been wearing it to bed:chuckle:. But what's really bad is now I'm eyeing the Sub, too :naughty:

Amy

sea-dweller
19 January 2011, 08:21 AM
I have seen women wearing GMT's, Explorer's, Sub's, DJ's and a Daytona and they looked great!

spuds
19 January 2011, 08:30 AM
loads of chicks at work wear Rolex, anything from Subs, GVs to Daytonas. looks great. plenty to look at in the lifts :cheers:

"Chicks" or watches?!?!?! :naughty:

MonBK
19 January 2011, 08:32 AM
I have seen women wearing GMT's, Explorer's, Sub's, DJ's and a Daytona and they looked great!

I've seen women wearing nothing and they looked great too. :lol:

mborkow
19 January 2011, 08:34 AM
Men's watches on women is no problem at all!

spuds
19 January 2011, 08:59 AM
I picked up my first ever infraction points (& made a sincere public apology to Karis) when during a similar thread I jokingly (& foolishly) remarked something along the lines of "Women shouldn't wear mens watches because the only time they need to know is when it's their husbands dinnertime!!"

(ok yeah in hindsight I can see how that wasn't as funny in type as it was in my head! :banghead: :dummy: :banghead:)

Can I just say though that I do think too many people (generally men :thinking: ) are far too quick to jump on the "PC bandwagon" & condemn anyone who DOESN'T like a mans watch on a ladies wrist? :thumbsdow

It's only personal taste after all (personally I like the look but my wife wouldn't wear my cSub' or my GMTc if you paid her) & just because someone opines that "ladies watches are designed for & best suited to ladies & vice versa mens" it doesn't necesssarily mean that the poster is a vile & ignorant sexist pig!! :nono:

I wonder: would so many members be so quick to condemn a female member who expressed her opinion that a guy looked less than ideal if he wore a 26mm Datejust?? :thinking:

But anyway..... Slightly off-topic I know but nevertheless almost the same tangent (& in an attempt at lightening up all the "cavemen" remarks).....

with all this talk of "Wear whatever you want" can I take it you'll all be ok with me wearing my mankini (& whichever watch takes my fancy) to the next GTG then?? :cheers:

DCgator
19 January 2011, 09:57 AM
Yes, Dan. You may wear your mankini at the next GTG.... ha ah ha

esm
19 January 2011, 09:59 AM
Yes, Dan. You may wear your mankini at the next GTG.... ha ah ha

Oh no, please do not encourage him..... :lol:

lady yachtmaster
19 January 2011, 10:24 AM
Rolex has great options for everyone. I have a 31mm DateJust, a 35MM Tudor Sub and a 40mm Daytona. I love them all and receive compliments when I wear each of them. Wear what you want and enjoy it!

kcmo
19 January 2011, 10:56 AM
Ahhh, another chance to proclaim my love for the men's models!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I'm a gal who has worn men's watches for ages...just prefer them. For the last 5.5 years I've worn the following Rolex models...

Men's DJ
Men's Submariner
Men's Explorer 2
Men's GMT Pepsi
Men's Yachtmaster
Men's Daytona

These are my two current that I ADORE!!! Love seeing other gals go with the larger sizes :dude: It's all about what YOU'RE comfortable wearing. Don't worry about anyone else! :thumbsup:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m221/kcm330/Datejust%20White%20Roman/022.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m221/kcm330/Daytona/031.jpg

SonnyAK
19 January 2011, 11:24 AM
I like them a LOT...I plan to buy my fiance' a 36mm Explorer for her B-day soon...

girltime
19 January 2011, 11:29 AM
Let me just say these ladies are rockin their Rolex's. All look awesome wearing them and they have made great choices choosing the right one for their wrist size.

The pics are great and it really shows how beautiful a mens Rolex can look on a women.

dsio
19 January 2011, 11:37 AM
You two Daytona girls look great in those =D

kcmo
19 January 2011, 11:56 AM
Let me just say these ladies are rockin their Rolex's. All look awesome wearing them and they have made great choices choosing the right one for their wrist size.

The pics are great and it really shows how beautiful a mens Rolex can look on a women.

:dance: And yours will look great on you too! :cheers:

kcmo
19 January 2011, 11:57 AM

Thanks Ashley! :thumbsup:

Warnsboy
19 January 2011, 12:50 PM
Saw this thread and had to give my wife an early gift....so I could get a wrist shot:clap:

Her Tudor Submariner

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h431/MWarns/IMG_2441-1.jpg

Rlx4mle
19 January 2011, 01:09 PM
Ahhh, another chance to proclaim my love for the men's models!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I'm a gal who has worn men's watches for ages...just prefer them. For the last 5.5 years I've worn the following Rolex models...

Men's DJ
Men's Submariner
Men's Explorer 2
Men's GMT Pepsi
Men's Yachtmaster
Men's Daytona

These are my two current that I ADORE!!! Love seeing other gals go with the larger sizes :dude: It's all about what YOU'RE comfortable wearing. Don't worry about anyone else! :thumbsup:

:smokin: That Daytona is looking MIGHTY FINE:cheers:!! I think that would be my UHG Rolex :worship: .

Amy

520Matt
19 January 2011, 01:29 PM
My wife loves both her 34mm TT YM, and 36mm Datejust:cheers:

Karis love your's!:cheers:

hoops10
19 January 2011, 05:43 PM
Hi, I gave my daughter an explorer and she loves it. Although she has a small wrist it looks great on her. Hope this helps.

hfchoi
19 January 2011, 08:23 PM
You must not be secure in your masculinity that it sounds like a threat when a woman wears a man's watch. A woman wearing a man's watch does not take away some of a man's individuality nor are big watches designed solely for men. It's 2011 now if you've not noticed.... no more caves or cavemen, etc. :)

OK then call me when you think it'll be widely accepted for guys to wear lady date justs. It'll be 2111 at least. That's the way it is, double standards and inequality. And I accept that; I just don't agree with it.

I might be a caveman but at least I'm a 2011 caveman.

esm
19 January 2011, 08:41 PM
OK then call me when you think it'll be widely accepted for guys to wear lady date justs. It'll be 2111 at least. That's the way it is, double standards and inequality. And I accept that; I just don't agree with it.

I might be a caveman but at least I'm a 2011 caveman.

Hang on a tick - no one has any issues if a man choose to wear anything yet is considered as a ladies or mid-size watch here. The issue we are discussing here is ladies wearing men's watch. Then again, who defines what is a men's watch and what is a ladies watch thesedays...?

hfchoi
19 January 2011, 09:06 PM
Then again, who defines what is a men's watch and what is a ladies watch thesedays...?

I presume rolex call their models lady dj and ym because they were designed for women. Granted it doesnt mean that the non lady designated models aren't meant for women.

dsio
19 January 2011, 09:10 PM
My definition of a Lady's watch:

A watch that looks good on a lady.

I've actually heard guys make snobbish remarks about my sister in law wearing her SS Daytona, because they're on a waiting list or saying its a waste, if a guy was wearing it, they'd respect that, but because she's wearing it, its assumed she borrowed it from her husband, which is a bit sad really.

hfchoi
19 January 2011, 09:45 PM
I'd have to admit some lady's do make daytonas look good.

Andad
19 January 2011, 09:56 PM
I am sure Karis will be really happy to hear that.:banghead::dummy:

Now if you have nothing more constructive to add.:bye::bye:

hfchoi
19 January 2011, 11:46 PM
Sorry to be not as constructive as you, Eddie. Maybe I'll have to leave the forum now?

stusrt
20 January 2011, 01:04 AM
bought my girlfriend a 32mm TAG - and now she thinks it's too small -
after trying on a bunch of Rolex's - she wants a 34mm or 36mm

Years ago I bought my wife (now ex) a ladies rolex (26mm) and she loved it for awhile - but found it too small after a year. Then she got a 32mm Omega and wears it to this day, while the rolex is sits in a jeweler box.

stusrt
20 January 2011, 01:07 AM
then again - those lady's rolexs are just so darn cheap used !!

t e x
20 January 2011, 01:18 AM
love seeing gals rocking a men's sized rolex:thumbsup::cheers:

lady yachtmaster
20 January 2011, 01:21 AM
Hey Karis, I think we are the Daytona Girls. You can be Daytona Girl 1 and I will be Daytona Girl 2. We rock!

esm
20 January 2011, 01:26 AM
okay, lets see more female sports watch wrist pix :agree:

wifey with the 16610LV

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/EZZYJR/Es%20watches/e%20wrist%20shot/_MG_6766.jpg

wifey with the 116520

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/EZZYJR/Es%20watches/e%20wrist%20shot/IMG_0956.jpg

wifey with the Speedy Date

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/EZZYJR/Es%20watches/e%20wrist%20shot/CIMG2274.jpg

wifey with the PAM000 (me on the 166520:lol:)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/EZZYJR/Es%20watches/e%20wrist%20shot/IMG_0568.jpg

JJL
20 January 2011, 01:42 AM
In my opinion, it definitely works for an everyday type of watch under the following 2 conditions:

1 - You already have another, dressier, more elegant watch for certain occasions and possibly corporate environment.
2 - You don't have extremely thin wrists where the watch just dwarfs your wrist

girltime
20 January 2011, 03:11 AM
Your wife looks great wearing all of them.

kcmo
20 January 2011, 11:51 AM
:smokin: That Daytona is looking MIGHTY FINE:cheers:!! I think that would be my UHG Rolex :worship: .

Amy

LOL, thanks Amy!!! I simply ADORE it :clap:

kcmo
20 January 2011, 11:53 AM
My wife loves both her 34mm TT YM, and 36mm Datejust:cheers:

Karis love your's!:cheers:

Thanks! Hers look GREAT, Matt! Glad she's loving the new DJ :thumbsup:

kcmo
20 January 2011, 11:55 AM
My definition of a Lady's watch:

A watch that looks good on a lady.

I've actually heard guys make snobbish remarks about my sister in law wearing her SS Daytona, because they're on a waiting list or saying its a waste, if a guy was wearing it, they'd respect that, but because she's wearing it, its assumed she borrowed it from her husband, which is a bit sad really.

You're right, Ashley! I imagine those who don't know about my love of watches would think the same....that is, until I start talking! :agree:

kcmo
20 January 2011, 11:57 AM
I am sure Karis will be really happy to hear that.:banghead::dummy:

Now if you have nothing more constructive to add.:bye::bye:

Yikes, looks like we have another one here.....:thumbsdow

kcmo
20 January 2011, 11:58 AM
Hey Karis, I think we are the Daytona Girls. You can be Daytona Girl 1 and I will be Daytona Girl 2. We rock!

Well one thing is for sure....we have INCREDIBLY GOOD TASTE!!! :dude::dude::dude:

:chuckle: Thanks girl! 'Daytona Chicks' we are!

springer
20 January 2011, 12:05 PM

Many ladies love the bigger ones, ah, the 40mm size that is. Go for it! :thumbsup:

DoxaDavid
22 January 2011, 12:55 AM
I took my wife to an AD to try on different sizes and styles to see what she liked before suprizing her with a 31mm DJ in Rosegold. She tried on the Mid size YM but thought it was a little big and the ladies were too small. This one called to her the perfect size :thumbsup:

My mom was in town and asked to try on my TT Daytona and it looked great on her. She likes to wear larger, clunky style jewelry so I wasn't surprised she liked it.

Watches in my opinion don't have gender identiies, just sizes so find the right size which works for you and enjoy.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/War-Wagon/Watch%20Pics/Tricia%20Datejust/March2009044.jpg

jaycee
22 January 2011, 10:42 AM
I was watching some video of the Glastonbury festival from a couple of years back and singer Lily Allen was sporting a very nice GMT-Master. Both her and the watch looked great. :clap:

BH13GMT
23 January 2011, 07:33 AM
The Mrs with 16200 36mmDJ with Salmon face. Apologies for rubbish pic, lighting wasnt that great.

TSW
23 January 2011, 08:39 AM
Love it!!
Couldn't get more SEXY:yum::yum:

TaylorWL
23 January 2011, 12:42 PM

I sometimes wear my husband's Rolex. I like the look of a bigger watch on a woman. I will try to remember to take a picture next time I wear it and post. I'm new here! :cheers:

RolexV3
23 January 2011, 01:03 PM
Rolex has great options for everyone. I have a 31mm DateJust, a 35MM Tudor Sub and a 40mm Daytona. I love them all and receive compliments when I wear each of them. Wear what you want and enjoy it!

Daytona seems to suit ya.. looks great on your wrist

Aspirin
23 January 2011, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=esm;2282034]okay, lets see more female sports watch wrist pix :agree:

wifey with the Speedy Date

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/EZZYJR/Es%20watches/e%20wrist%20shot/CIMG2274.jpg

This Omega is great, it seems that 42mm and no more chance to get a brand new, is discontinued version? found nothing about this great one in Omega official website.

Eurico
24 January 2011, 08:29 AM
It's a consistent trend in Brazil, between the female celebrities.

And the Daytona is the "chosen one". It's expensive, so it's the best.

Even the horrendous Daytona "Leopard" enjoys healthy sales here.

esm
24 January 2011, 08:48 AM
This Omega is great, it seems that 42mm and no more chance to get a brand new, is discontinued version? found nothing about this great one in Omega official website.

this is indeed a great one. this is a 40mm version - we decided to get a his/her Omega for our wedding since my wife was an Omega girl at the time :lol:
it is still on Omega website under Gents/Speedmaster/Date.

model ref - 3211.30.00
http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/speedmaster/date/32113000

i have the blue dial version, but it didnt stop the wife from wearing it sometimes... :lol:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/EZZYJR/Es%20watches/e%20wrist%20shot/CIMG2269.jpg

just for comparison - here is the wifey with her TT ladies Seamaster AT (i think that is abot/almost 10 years old)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/EZZYJR/Es%20watches/e%20wrist%20shot/CIMG2288.jpg

RolexV3
24 January 2011, 08:54 AM
this is indeed a great one. this is a 40mm version - we decided to get a his/her Omega for our wedding since my wife was an Omega girl at the time :lol:

model ref - 3211.30.00

i have the blue dial version, but it didnt stop the wife from wearing it sometimes... :lol:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/EZZYJR/Es%20watches/e%20wrist%20shot/CIMG2269.jpg
That Blue dial looks great.. love it

Aspirin
24 January 2011, 10:33 PM

model ref - 3211.30.00

just for comparison - here is the wifey with her TT ladies Seamaster AT (i think that is abot/almost 10 years old)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/EZZYJR/Es%20watches/e%20wrist%20shot/CIMG2288.jpg

:banghead: Damn... one more target, I will go to Omega’s AD to check the price of this white one out this weekend, sigh... while I want to end up by Sub14060M COSC but another one is come out. Watches really something like a drug, hard to quit. Thanks, Eric, your post drive me keep going to burn my $$$, hope the AD quote an unreasonable high price. By the way, can't imagine that she got the same model in two different colors, but those amazing! :thumbsup:

esm
24 January 2011, 10:52 PM
hope the AD quote an unreasonable high price. By the way, can't imagine that she got the same model in two different colors, but those amazing! :thumbsup:

:chuckle: highly unlikely.... these Speedy Dates are quite affordable imo, def. less than the 3570.50 Speedy Pro or PO :thumbsup:

the blue one is actually mine, but that doesnt really mean anything in my house :lol::lol::lol:

byr0nic
25 January 2011, 03:37 AM
I think what has been perhaps overlooked is that certain je ne sais quoi that comes from a lady wearing anything originally designed for a gentleman.

I think if it can be pulled off, it's a powerful statement of the wearer's confidence - and is there anything sexier?

OLJR
30 January 2011, 03:02 AM
Those pieces look great on ladies' wrists. :thumbsup:

However I reckon that a man would normally look quite silly in a 29mm watch though. But each to their own...

taughtmepatience
30 January 2011, 06:02 AM
My Submariner looks completely silly on my wife's wrist. However, some models look great on women's wrists. To each their own.

Jolu
30 January 2011, 06:34 AM
Men don't look silly wearing womens watches either. My daughter was kind enough to lend me her precious christmas present to prove it.

Looks awesome!

:rolleyes:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/joguten/IMG_3771.jpg

:cheers:

Hydrographer
30 January 2011, 06:43 AM
Men don't look silly wearing womens watches either. My daughter was kind enough to lend me her precious christmas present to prove it.

Looks awesome!

How the hell did you get your hands on one of those before Basel?!:chuckle:
Top Pic!:thumbsup:

dsio
30 January 2011, 03:23 PM
My Submariner looks completely silly on my wife's wrist. However, some models look great on women's wrists. To each their own.

Always thought the WG sub with PCL would look good as a ladies piece, less brushed, more shiny.

OLJR
1 February 2011, 01:13 AM

Looks awesome!

What a wonderful picture. :thumbsup:

And it made me wonder, has Rolex ever made a child's model? I am not sure that it would sell in Europe or the Americas but it might be quite popular in fashion conscious regions like the middle east and certain parts of Asia.

RRY
1 February 2011, 02:09 PM
Karis I absolutely love the way you wear those two watches! And a big cheers to all the ladies in the house. Rollies could not look sexier than on your wrists!

This happens to be my favorite topic over at the excellent Jake's Rolex blog:
http://rolexblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Women%20Wearing%20Mens%20Rolex%20Watches

dligg72
1 February 2011, 02:20 PM
After buying my Sub-C my wife now wears my SS date-just. It looks amazing on her. The daytona and date-just look great on women. I love that 36mm size. I like brushed bracelets for myself but on women PCL or Jubilee bracelets look sexy.

Paris92
30 March 2011, 02:08 PM
My wife has been wearing a Stainless Sub for about four years now and we both love the way it looks on her.

tomee
30 March 2011, 07:00 PM
i find it attractive when a woman wears a rolex lol

my wife wearing my old 16610
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/tomee7/Watches/Wrist%20shots/24-01-10006.jpg

us in Maui (she has hairier arms than me lol )
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/tomee7/Watches/Wrist%20shots/Hawaii519.jpg

SkyKing31
30 March 2011, 07:13 PM
My girlfriend wears a day date .. lol

bugsychiou
30 March 2011, 11:15 PM

I LOOOOOVE girls that wear men's RLX.... i find it super sexy and very classy :cheers:

1bad750
30 March 2011, 11:35 PM
well with my new addition of a yg dd, my 116233 tt datejust is now on the wifes wrist...:cheers:, ill post a shot later...

Power Play
30 March 2011, 11:53 PM
My wife wore her 29 mm SS Yachtmaster for years and looked pretty darn good IMHO. As our watch interest began to spin out of control with Seamasters, Sea Dwellers and Deepseas she expressed interest in a new, bolder, bigger watch. I got her a non-COSC 14060 and she loves it!

IMHO, nothing looks better on my wife that a decent-size, vintage, classic Rolex diver!!

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it!!

:dude:

girltime
31 March 2011, 12:05 AM
I LOOOOOVE girls that wear men's RLX.... i find it super sexy and very classy :cheers:

Martin,

You have very good taste. :thumbsup:

I'm enjoying my Sub more and more each day. A couple days ago at the airport I could hear a man whispering behind me. He tapped me on the shoulder and asked to see my watch. He complimented me and said this was the one on his Bucket List. He as well mentioned how nice it looked being worn on a women's wrist. I thanked him and referred him to TRF. :jni:

mike_uk
31 March 2011, 01:54 AM
My missus wears my Daytona more than I do now! When I said the other day that was thinking of selling it I got the cold shoulder for the rest of the day!

And she's the one that moans I care more about my watches than her!!

dinan545bmw
31 March 2011, 02:07 AM
My missus wears my Daytona more than I do now! When I said the other day that was thinking of selling it I got the cold shoulder for the rest of the day!

And she's the one that moans I care more about my watches than her!!

women these days can wear anything they like, including oversized Rolex timepieces. what about this one? talk about looking sporty and chic at the same time! yes, no complaints here at all. :chuckle::thumbsup::clap::smokin::dude::agree:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011_swimsuit/athletes/leryn-franco/11_leryn-franco_3.html

mike_uk
31 March 2011, 02:09 AM
women these days can wear anything they like, including oversized Rolex timepieces. what about this one? talk about looking sporty and chic at the same time! yes, no complaints here at all. :chuckle::thumbsup::clap::smokin::dude::agree:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011_swimsuit/athletes/leryn-franco/11_leryn-franco_3.html

My missus would wear the watch but no way in hell she'd wear that swimsuit (sadly)

:(

never2late
31 March 2011, 03:14 AM
I picked up my first ever infraction points (& made a sincere public apology to Karis) when during a similar thread I jokingly (& foolishly) remarked something along the lines of "Women shouldn't wear mens watches because the only time they need to know is when it's their husbands dinnertime!!"

(ok yeah in hindsight I can see how that wasn't as funny in type as it was in my head! :banghead: :dummy: :banghead:)

Can I just say though that I do think too many people (generally men :thinking: ) are far too quick to jump on the "PC bandwagon" & condemn anyone who DOESN'T like a mans watch on a ladies wrist? :thumbsdow

It's only personal taste after all (personally I like the look but my wife wouldn't wear my cSub' or my GMTc if you paid her) & just because someone opines that "ladies watches are designed for & best suited to ladies & vice versa mens" it doesn't necesssarily mean that the poster is a vile & ignorant sexist pig!! :nono:

I wonder: would so many members be so quick to condemn a female member who expressed her opinion that a guy looked less than ideal if he wore a 26mm Datejust?? :thinking:

But anyway..... Slightly off-topic I know but nevertheless almost the same tangent (& in an attempt at lightening up all the "cavemen" remarks).....

with all this talk of "Wear whatever you want" can I take it you'll all be ok with me wearing my mankini (& whichever watch takes my fancy) to the next GTG then?? :cheers:

This is just wrong on too many levels!

RedwinGV
31 March 2011, 03:22 AM
Strange how it's ok for women to wear a man's shirt, but the man would be strange if he wore a woman's.:thumbsup:

krzspeedstr
31 March 2011, 03:40 AM
There is a lot back and forth on what people like and wear but I am in the camp of finding it sexy when a women has a men's Rolex on.

My wife now wears my Rose gold & Steel DJ and it looks great on her, she was never into watches but once I got her to try it on I never got it back.

We now joke that I have to get another watch with Rose gold as I no longer have one.

RolexV3
31 March 2011, 03:44 AM
Here are a few more pics for this topic

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7126/lilyallen10.jpg http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7497/birgitschrowange24.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3223/tnah4.jpg

krzspeedstr
31 March 2011, 07:08 AM
Here are pictures of my wife and I wearing our watches. It looks great on her (I am also biased).

MPUG
2 April 2011, 12:48 AM
I have just got my wife a daytona tt and it looks really great and gets plenty of compliments

Roja
10 April 2011, 04:51 PM
De gustibus non est disputandum...

That being said, acceptance by the circumstances/people one finds themselves in is a question of an infinite number of variables.

...as is the desire to be accepted.

buke45
11 April 2011, 12:10 AM
Only a man would say its a fad, most women that wear a man's sized watch say the will never go back to the smaller ones. My wife has confiscated my Pepsi and wears it more than her Crown Collection President or her TT DJ.

nko51
11 April 2011, 12:13 AM
I think it looks great!

mfer
11 April 2011, 12:16 AM
I think women can pull off larger than average watches, more so than men. Here is a 45mm on my wife's wrist (I think 6").

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh169/mduck21/210%20LV/DSC_0123.jpg

Lucy Diamond
11 April 2011, 12:24 AM
I really love it mfer!

Rodmo
17 April 2011, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=mfer;2424638]I think women can pull off larger than average watches, more so than men. Here is a 45mm on my wife's wrist (I think 6").

I agree........

Runnin' Rebel
17 April 2011, 09:58 AM
I don't get it, but whatever...

Z-Sub
17 April 2011, 10:53 AM
I don't get it, but whatever...

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

paddy_crow
17 April 2011, 10:58 AM
I learned a long time ago that women aren't going to pay any attention to what I think.

Z-Sub
17 April 2011, 11:02 AM
I think it look just as good if not better on my wife's wrist:thumbsup::thumbsup:

girltime
18 April 2011, 02:16 AM
I think it look just as good if not better on my wife's wrist:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It looks great on your wife's wrist. :cheers:

Different strokes for different folks. I never thought I would wear a men's Rolex until I saw a pic online. I tried the whole line and fell in love with the TT Sub. The rest is history.

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/1109/imag0230y.th.jpg (http://img864.imageshack.us/i/imag0230y.jpg/)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9550/imag0214a.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/imag0214a.jpg/)

mfer
18 April 2011, 02:51 AM
I really love it mfer!

I agree........

I wish I could! I'd buy this one up, but alas I cannot!

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh169/mduck21/pam2009/bd0990e1.jpg

DesertDogs
18 April 2011, 03:29 AM
I wear most of our Rolex Watches except the DDII and the GMT Master. Here is my Everose Daytona.

Loyer
18 April 2011, 03:33 AM
Check the photos of super models and female TV people for the past few years. Most of them sport a men's Rolex or other brand of large watch . Ellen Degeneres seems to wear a Rolex Daytona or a Submariner on her talk show.Seems to me we had a string of posts showing photos of models with men's Rolex watches a few months ago.

usbzoso
18 April 2011, 03:34 AM
what an awesome thread! i am enjoying all these pics

vincennes02261897
18 April 2011, 07:25 AM
I also kind of dig the look of a men's watch on a woman's wrist!

SDDS17
18 April 2011, 01:55 PM
The wife & her EXP II, her new favorite!!!!!!

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o225/Vette96/exp11.jpg

Z-Sub
18 April 2011, 03:41 PM
It looks great on your wife's wrist. :cheers:

Different strokes for different folks. I never thought I would wear a men's Rolex until I saw a pic online. I tried the whole line and fell in love with the TT Sub. The rest is history.

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/1109/imag0230y.th.jpg (http://img864.imageshack.us/i/imag0230y.jpg/)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9550/imag0214a.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/imag0214a.jpg/)

Love the TT Sub. There is no other like it.:cheers:

roleyrolz
18 April 2011, 07:58 PM
To all the guys or gals out there that gave there honest opinion and got yelled at for it especially if they disagreed ur not alone . Even when giving honest opinions people are chastised a sad state of affairs I have to say.

gregmoeck
19 April 2011, 03:46 AM
that hot air baloon pic is great

mjm800
19 April 2011, 03:48 AM
My wife wears my 36mm Explorer in fact she is wearing it today!

UJU
19 April 2011, 03:57 AM
A quick strap change on the Datejust, and it's a winner with the wife.
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx130/UJU_01/Dagensklokke/DSCF0010-1.jpg

Justjosh
19 April 2011, 04:17 AM
My wife has not taken to wearing men's size watches yet, but I think she soon may. She does have very tiny wrists however.

ptugolf
19 April 2011, 04:34 AM
I want one for my wife.

rr-nyc
19 April 2011, 05:27 AM
My wife has not taken to wearing men's size watches yet, but I think she soon may. She does have very tiny wrists however.

IMO, women with smaller wrists pull off the look. It looks fine on larger wrists but i see it as a necessity rather than fashion accessory

Onikage
19 April 2011, 05:30 AM
I have a friend who will nt wear a watch. He believes he cannot wear one (he is very thin) I convinced him to wear my GMT one day and he said "See what I mean? It just looks wrong on my wrist." I honestly thought it looked fine, it was great to see it on someone else. Then I said "It looks awsome man. Women wear them, you know?" This mustn't have comforted him much as he handed it back to me straight away. I honestly didn't mean to insult him...It was just one of those things you say when you shouldn't! LOL

Lisa
19 April 2011, 06:25 AM
I have a friend who will nt wear a watch. He believes he cannot wear one (he is very thin) I convinced him to wear my GMT one day and he said "See what I mean? It just looks wrong on my wrist." I honestly thought it looked fine, it was great to see it on someone else. Then I said "It looks awsome man. Women wear them, you know?" This mustn't have comforted him much as he handed it back to me straight away. I honestly didn't mean to insult him...It was just one of those things you say when you shouldn't! LOL

Reminds me of one of my favorite Spongebob episodes. Sponge is asking his boss, Mr. Krabbs, if he likes his hat.

"No, it, err, makes you look like a girl!" growls Mr. Krabbs.

"Am I a pretty girl?" asks Spongebob, eyes aglow.:rofl::dummy:

Women wearing men's stuff. Men wearing women't stuff.... pfft - who cares!:agree:

Otto
19 April 2011, 06:51 AM
Reminds me of one of my favorite Spongebob episodes. Sponge is asking his boss, Mr. Krabbs, if he likes his hat.

"No, it, err, makes you look like a girl!" growls Mr. Krabbs.

"Am I a pretty girl?" asks Spongebob, eyes aglow.:rofl::dummy:

Women wearing men's stuff. Men wearing women't stuff.... pfft - who cares!:agree:

Spongebob is truly a Renaissance sponge!:chuckle:

thewatchguy93
19 April 2011, 08:19 AM
I wear most of our Rolex Watches except the DDII and the GMT Master. Here is my Everose Daytona.

Wow Jan, That is an absolute beauty! I just LOVE a Daytona on a lady :clap:

Thank you for sharing,

Dino :thumbsup:

mrbill2mrbill2
19 April 2011, 09:06 AM
I think you would look marvelous with a 16610 on your wrist. Post wrist shot.

Justjosh
20 April 2011, 09:18 PM
My wife is wearing a 36mm datejust today ! She may just be coming around.

Justjosh
21 April 2011, 11:05 AM
As an update... my wife text me halfway through the day today to let me know she was going to go get a manicure because it would show her new watch off better... guess I just lost my Datejust!

lamnyc
21 April 2011, 01:10 PM
Mens watch on women=HOT.

Paris92
13 December 2011, 04:58 PM
Happens to my wife all the time too :) And she loves her Sub.

Martin,

You have very good taste. :thumbsup:

I'm enjoying my Sub more and more each day. A couple days ago at the airport I could hear a man whispering behind me. He tapped me on the shoulder and asked to see my watch. He complimented me and said this was the one on his Bucket List. He as well mentioned how nice it looked being worn on a women's wrist. I thanked him and referred him to TRF. :jni:

Henry Winston
19 February 2012, 11:54 AM
Absolutely Beautiful...The ring, watch combo looks so good together....I'm a big fan of women with small wrist wearing large watches....

nim
19 February 2012, 08:46 PM
the white daytona looks stunning on a lady's wrist

93 Turbo
19 February 2012, 09:30 PM
Wife's 1625 T'bird. It looks great on her. Have recently sized my Exp II to her wrist for when she wants to wear it.

Harryo
19 February 2012, 10:05 PM
Just added an avatar-wearing my GMT, which I consider SMALL, now saving up for a Deep Sea! I personally LOVE wearing a man's watch; started off with a Tudor chrono back in the early 90's and have never looked back. Whatever rocks your boat guys and gals!
(Just realized I need to start a photobucket or something to attach a bigger pic, sorry!)

Lol-x
19 February 2012, 10:54 PM
A vintage sports Rolex is an awesome option for a lady to wear.

I really don't get how anyone irrespective of sex could wear such a small dial watch as the Lady DateJust. Maybe its just my eyes but I find it very small to read easily the time on such a small dial.

Lol-x
19 February 2012, 10:54 PM
A vintage sports Rolex is an awesome option for a lady to wear.

I really don't get how anyone irrespective of sex could wear such a small dial watch as the Lady DateJust. Maybe its just my eyes but I find it very small to read easily the time on such a small dial.

rolex_gal
20 February 2012, 03:54 AM
I am new to the board and Rolex world, and debating the same thing. I guess I have to try it on and see first.

rolex_gal
20 February 2012, 03:55 AM
Here are pictures of my wife and I wearing our watches. It looks great on her (I am also biased).

Even if you are biased, that looks awesome on her! :thumbsup:

Lorenzo
20 February 2012, 08:50 PM
my daughter w/ her white dialed AK ....

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7029/6618330365_b98a931136_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorenzostg/6618330365/)

amani
21 February 2012, 05:31 AM
i think the gender is the least factor to this topic. the occation, body size proportion and personal preference is more important. i have been trying so hard to talk to my wife in buying a men sport watch so we can swap but her wrist just can't handle a 40mm. another example for myself is i think most guys would agree a gucci dress shoes would look good on most men, but not me. i mostly wear sports outfit, when i looked at the mirror with that shoes, it just disgussed me. i was wearing ~30mm watches all my life until my LVC, and back then guys watches wasn't as big as now and everyone is wearing them. I agree that some watches are more female oriented than the others like the itty bitty cartier diamonded watches, if you dont call those female watches i don't know what are. one unfairness about the ladies is i think most of the time they look just as good as wearing a "men" size watch as the wearing a "lady" size watch, while most guys don't look good with "lady" size watch. you girls with sports watch rock.

kritsberg13
21 February 2012, 05:49 AM
My Fiancee wears a 40mm Zodiac and it makes her wrist look awesome. I agree with a previous post about how a larger watch on a woman actually brings a more feminine appeal. I would love to get her the Sub or the Explorer for the casual dress days. I am very new school when it comes to watches myself. I just bought my first Rolex and its DJ2. Which has mixed reviews. The old school enthusiasts think of the DJ2 as blasphemy. LOL. I am firm believer in do what you want, and love what you love. Dont let others make your decisions for you. We all have our own likes and dislikes. I was mesmerized by the DJ2 after a very long Rolex courting period. So I bought that one to start my collection. So in closing. Do you!

tiwatchguy
2 March 2012, 01:06 PM
First post although I've lurked for a while now. Plus, I am about to (perhaps ) get my first Rolex. In fact, I am thinking of getting a pair, one for me and one for my fiancee. I have not browsed or bought a watch in a few years and for some reason have not looked at Rolex seriously but am now hooked on the Submariner and Deep Sea (classic look, tool watch seriousness plus aesthetic, durability). Do you think 40mm with a black face is too ominous for a woman's watch? I want the watch to be a surprise. I am also considering JLC's Master Compressor Diving GMT series.

Finally, being an owner of watches that most people don't recognize (AP, PP etc.), I am conflicted about whether a Rolex Sub attracts too much notice. This is actually one of the reasons why I don't own a Rolex.

I'd appreciate your thoughts, particularly with respect to the watch size for a woman. My fiancee is 5'4 and slender and we are both professionals in our mid/late 30s.

Atty.Oliver
9 May 2012, 08:42 PM
Hah, my first post and it is to show that women DO rock a man's watch:dude:. Here's my DJ 36mm given to me by DH for my January milestone bday (courtesy of Tony G., aka justrolexes on TRF--Thanks, Tony:thumbsup:!):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/bebzphernz/602235193_photobucket_6760_.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/bebzphernz/602235193_photobucket_6755_.jpg

Sorry, pics aren't that clear. Anyway, I LOVE wearing (and looking at) my DJ so much that I've even been wearing it to bed:chuckle:. But what's really bad is now I'm eyeing the Sub, too :naughty:

Amy

Hey Amy, here's a teaser for ya. This is my lady in sub ;-)

Galion
10 May 2012, 02:35 AM
Men's classier and more elegant designs like Daytonas and DJ's look great on women, Onth sport models look silly and not that femenine, unless its a big woman wearing the watch.

singe89
10 May 2012, 03:27 AM
First post although I've lurked for a while now. Plus, I am about to (perhaps ) get my first Rolex. In fact, I am thinking of getting a pair, one for me and one for my fiancee. I have not browsed or bought a watch in a few years and for some reason have not looked at Rolex seriously but am now hooked on the Submariner and Deep Sea (classic look, tool watch seriousness plus aesthetic, durability). Do you think 40mm with a black face is too ominous for a woman's watch? I want the watch to be a surprise. I am also considering JLC's Master Compressor Diving GMT series.

Finally, being an owner of watches that most people don't recognize (AP, PP etc.), I am conflicted about whether a Rolex Sub attracts too much notice. This is actually one of the reasons why I don't own a Rolex.

I'd appreciate your thoughts, particularly with respect to the watch size for a woman. My fiancee is 5'4 and slender and we are both professionals in our mid/late 30s.

My daily watch is the Deepsea and my Fiancee usually wears a 40mm Sea Dweller. It looks great on her. She's 5'5'' and slender/athletic build. I'm 30 and she's 27 and we both work in financial services. Rolex can attract a little more attention since its a more recognised brand but its usually only by other watch lovers and I've never had anyone comment at work that wasnt into watches. I say go for it. Save the AP and PP for going out/weekend watches. Its a little corny but I like having matching watches plus I get to appreciate the DSSD and the SD at the same time. :thumbsup:

MCox
10 May 2012, 04:08 AM
I am purchasing a Pam 112 and I am giving my wife my 2002 Air King at 34mm its a nice larger size but not overpowering!

InTime
10 May 2012, 04:19 AM
Mens watch on women=HOT.

agreed. bonus pts if its a nice rolex or omega. or anything thats just flat out jaw dropping

stankeyleg
10 May 2012, 04:56 AM
This might sound a little Disney, women and men should wear whatever makes them happy, that is all that counts.:cheers:

Chewbacca
10 May 2012, 05:14 AM
there's no rules on what a lady can wear. be bold.

kbutler971
10 May 2012, 06:23 AM
My wife is a "Girly Girl" and petite but I've resized both my DD 18238/Champagne and DJ 16234 ss/WG rhodium roman for her wrist. She rocks either one, they're a very good look on her.

Mr. RoC
10 May 2012, 08:17 AM
My Wife's 26mm Lady-DJ...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7180/6845121584_a8da6ae0d0_c.jpg

Mosco
10 May 2012, 09:34 AM
My ol' ball and chain with her 36mm men's DJ (however the dial is feminine - it is the black MOP/Diamond dial)

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/4/0/5/0/3/6/webimg/571972577_o.jpg

wknapper
10 May 2012, 09:54 AM
My wife's 36mm Date Just

FremStar
10 May 2012, 10:31 AM
My ol' ball and chain with her 36mm men's DJ (however the dial is feminine - it is the black MOP/Diamond dial)

:lol: Wait a sec! Are you calling one of my favorite Rolex dials of all time feminine? :chuckle:

bhall41
10 May 2012, 11:28 AM
This topic always seems to end up in a brawl. Maybe the search button would be helpful. My wife wears a 31MM DJ and it looks great on her. The 26MM was just too hard to read. A watch doesn't make a woman sexy, anymore that a sports car can make a caveman look sexy. A man wearing a 50+MM Uboat looks just as silly as a woman wearing a giant sports watch dangling from her wrist like a dangle bracelet. Just to be fair though, if a man has a 5/12 inch wrist, he looks silly wearing a 40MM watch too. Has nothing to do with sexism, but has everything to do with proportions. Wear whatever you want, just don't expect everyone to agree with you.

+ 1. Proportionality is the key. Some women can pull off a men's sport watch but many, IMO, can't. I personally dislike seeing expensive sports watches used liked bangles by some women, with the bracelet loose. The watch, in those circumstances, is reduced to the level of a mere fashion accessory, doubtless with little appreciation of its intrinsic beauty or its significance as a piece of fine mechanical engineering.

My $0.2. I'll get off my high horse now. :bye:

Highland Ranger
10 May 2012, 11:34 AM
Last flight I was on saw a woman with a gold gmtii - it and she looked great. Fit good on her and she wasn't a large person.

texex91
10 May 2012, 11:45 AM
Fit good on her and she wasn't a large person.

I bet it did--love the larger watches on women :thumbsup:

Andelain
10 May 2012, 12:40 PM
+ 1. Proportionality is the key. Some women can pull off a men's sport watch but many, IMO, can't. I personally dislike seeing expensive sports watches used liked bangles by some women, with the bracelet loose. The watch, in those circumstances, is reduced to the level of a mere fashion accessory, doubtless with little appreciation of its intrinsic beauty or its significance as a piece of fine mechanical engineering.

My $0.2. I'll get off my high horse now. :bye:

Here, let me help you down off that high horse.

I'm one of those ladies that likes to wear my watch loose like a bangle. Not so loose that it's rotate on my arm, but it does move around. To me it's a lot more comfortable that way, and I like the way it looks. And Yes, I most certainly do appreciate the fine piece of horology on my wrist! :agree:

I consider all the watches in my sig pic to be ladies watches. I'm a lady and they're mine, that makes them ladies watches. :clap: :clap: :clap:

floater156
10 May 2012, 12:53 PM

It is a fad.

Believe it or not, the size of the watch you're currently wearing was probably considered a fad a one point in time. It wasn't that long ago that 33mm was considered the proper size for a man's watch. My wife prefers 36mm watches.

Hairdude1
10 May 2012, 01:07 PM
I like it when I see women wearing larger watches.

Mosco
10 May 2012, 01:09 PM
:lol: Wait a sec! Are you calling one of my favorite Rolex dials of all time feminine? :chuckle:

Well - we just have to agree to disagree... won't be the first time... you also believe that Beastie Boys opened the door for Vanilla Ice :twit::twit:

bhall41
10 May 2012, 01:15 PM
Here, let me help you down off that high horse.

I'm one of those ladies that likes to wear my watch loose like a bangle. Not so loose that it's rotate on my arm, but it does move around. To me it's a lot more comfortable that way, and I like the way it looks. And Yes, I most certainly do appreciate the fine piece of horology on my wrist! :agree:

I consider all the watches in my sig pic to be ladies watches. I'm a lady and they're mine, that makes them ladies watches. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Damn, and the view from the saddle was so nice too. :chuckle:

Obviously lots of women (yourself included) do appreciate a "fine piece of horology" , and I think that's fantastic. As a bloke, I would like to see more of that.

If you want to wear your watch like a bangle, that's your call. As a TRF member you would do doubt appreciate the risk of damaging the bracelet by wearing it that way. I personally cringe (inwardly) when I see a woman (and sometimes a man) doing that.

CLRBLULITE
11 May 2012, 05:12 PM
I attempted to purchase my mom a large diameter watch for Mother's Day, but she wasn't going for it. I think both larger and smaller watches look great on a lady, especially a larger Rolex, as their are so many more available styles.

pfg1
11 May 2012, 07:28 PM
I saw a green Milgauss on a woman at Tiffany's NY and it looked great on her.......she wore it loose like a bracelet on her wrist.

amitv85
11 May 2012, 11:17 PM
I think if it works why not? My girlfriends petite and has small wrists so she does not like it.

ingoodtime
11 May 2012, 11:45 PM
be nice, these are folks wives you're speaking of. if it's a fad, then so are shoelaces. the first wristwatches were worn by women anyway. c'mon man.

Big watches themselves were a fad which seems to have become mainstream. Invicta has done tremendous sales of large watches which have grown in size over the past 5 years. I saw a show last night on tv and many of the watches were 50+ MM. One was about 61 MM.
Some also weighed 300 or more grams. That is close to 3/4 of a pound. A rare few wighed more. Sometimes IMHO a 40mm watch does look a bit large on certain womens wrists.i think. 34-36mm on many women is large enough to have good wrist presence while not papering overly large.

How
12 May 2012, 12:02 AM
Cameron Diaz in a Submariner and of course, Charlize Theron in a monster 44mm Deepsea Sea-Dweller:

FremStar
12 May 2012, 02:56 AM
Well - we just have to agree to disagree... won't be the first time... you also believe that Beastie Boys opened the door for Vanilla Ice :twit::twit:

:lol::lol::lol: You forgot I mentioned Eminem in the same sentence. Vanilla Ice was not my cup of tea, however, hip hop historians have also quoted the Beastie Boys as opening the doors for him and Eminem. I am guilty as charged of owning his cassette tape many years ago... 7 million albums sold is no laughing matter :chuckle:

A.Sharp
12 May 2012, 03:01 AM
As a man, I love the way mens rolex's look on women. I specifically think DJ - super jubilees, daytonas, and DDII's look awesome!

ocwatching
12 May 2012, 03:35 AM
wife and I yesterday...
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz291/ocwatching/Watches/PAM339%20Shots/0bc66ec9.jpg

chazha
12 May 2012, 03:52 AM
Would be nice to see a chick with DSSD... XD

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ingoodtime
12 May 2012, 01:21 PM
I've seen a women wearing a Milgauss and another one with a Submariner.....as I understand it, according to my AD, Asian women in particular like the large watches....perhaps the trend started over there....surprised me...but my wife still does like her 26mm 2-tone!

My wife likes her 26MM also. She won't even look at mid size watches at the 34MM. Size.

ingoodtime
12 May 2012, 01:25 PM
Cameron Diaz in a Submariner and of course, Charlize Theron in a monster 44mm Deepsea Sea-Dweller:

It looks great...if you like to wear your watch on your forearm! Try putting that watch back on her wrist.

Megalobyte
12 May 2012, 03:00 PM
Mens watch on women=HOT.

I agree, however, that only goes in one direction. ----> :chuckle:

Passionata
12 May 2012, 03:11 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/5665f7e1-f058-6c27.jpgthe wife
http://img.tapatalk.com/5665f7e1-f0e1-8c6f.jpgher watch

CLRBLULITE
12 May 2012, 03:30 PM
:lol::lol::lol: You forgot I mentioned Eminem in the same sentence. Vanilla Ice was not my cup of tea, however, hip hop historians have also quoted the Beastie Boys as opening the doors for him and Eminem. I am guilty as charged of owning his cassette tape many years ago... 7 million albums sold is no laughing matter :chuckle:

LOL..also GUILTY :rofl:

CLRBLULITE
12 May 2012, 03:30 PM

LOL..also GUILTY :rofl:

zama
12 May 2012, 05:57 PM
Absolutely whatever works for people my wife has a small wrist, and has a classic 26mm, she has seen the fashion spreads promoting bigger watches she now wants a 36mm. I suspect it will look like a piece of furniture strapped to her wrist, so when bored I will be the proud owner of another 36mm Datejust, does not sound like I will lose. For me personally the trend to bigger watches is moving a watch from a functional elegant part of your look to some big show symbol, that looks like a sundial strapped to your arm. I interviewed two people for a job Friday both were wearing hard core black plastic dive watches that must have been close to 50MM, I thought they looked absolutely stupid, on their wrists. I am wearing my sub and it looks big to me on my wrist. Truth is we could all probably wear 50mm I just question if it is about the watch or the bling.

gucciposh
17 May 2012, 01:21 PM

Men's DJ
Men's Submariner
Men's Explorer 2
Men's GMT Pepsi
Men's Yachtmaster
Men's Daytona

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm in love with men's Rolex too...and recently my hubby's Daytona is on my wrist almost every day! :joy:

The Joker
17 May 2012, 02:17 PM
I wanna see a thread, "Men wearing ladies Rolex" That should be fun. :twit:

kilyung
17 May 2012, 02:24 PM

I'll start, Wes!

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b401/kilyung/Misc/559bd977.jpg

The Joker
17 May 2012, 02:27 PM
I'll start, Wes!

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b401/kilyung/Misc/559bd977.jpg

Beautiful Mike, :clap::clap: Time for some payback.:thumbsup:

Hairdude1
17 May 2012, 03:04 PM
Great pics!!!

kcmo
18 May 2012, 12:06 AM
Absolutely gorgeous! I'm in love with men's Rolex too...and recently my hubby's Daytona is on my wrist almost every day! :joy:

Why thank you! :cheers: I'm sure you're rocking that Daytona! :dude:

rickyslam
18 May 2012, 12:49 AM
I tried gifting my Sub to my mother, she tried it on and said it was too big =/ Quick question to the ladies in the house. Do the men watches fit on your wrists? My mom's wrist is so small that if I was to take out all the links on my sub I feel like it would still wear like a loose bracelet.

Lisa
18 May 2012, 01:07 AM
Ricky, I have that problem. Generally, if your wrist is less than 5 3/4 inches, you'll have to either remove a permanent link or use a leather band...

HERITAGE82
18 May 2012, 01:09 AM
My Wife's 26mm Lady-DJ...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7180/6845121584_a8da6ae0d0_c.jpg

Now that looks classy.....:thumbsup:

kcmo
18 May 2012, 01:25 AM
I tried gifting my Sub to my mother, she tried it on and said it was too big =/ Quick question to the ladies in the house. Do the men watches fit on your wrists? My mom's wrist is so small that if I was to take out all the links on my sub I feel like it would still wear like a loose bracelet.

Really depends on your wrist size. Mine is just under 6.5" so the men's watches fit fine. Both of mine are very comfy.

I'd say the 36mm is the perfect fit. I wouldn't wear anything over 40mm. I do find my Daytona to fit more comfortably than my old Sub which I no longer have. I don't like a watch to sit too high off my wrist and prefer the lugs to be somewhat tapered.

JCB62
18 May 2012, 01:57 AM
my wife wears my 14060 on a pink nato in the summer. she loves it.

kcmo
18 May 2012, 01:58 AM
my wife wears my 14060 on a pink nato in the summer. she loves it.

Lovely!!! :clap:

rad87gn
18 May 2012, 02:44 AM

:rofl: I tried to put on my wife's 26mm DJ and I can't begin to get it over my hand.

The Joker
18 May 2012, 08:03 AM
:rofl: I tried to put on my wife's 26mm DJ and I can't begin to get it over my hand.

Didn't think about that, was just about to post a new thread as well. :twit:

jay1988
18 May 2012, 08:35 AM
looks just as silly as a woman wearing a giant sports watch dangling from her wrist like a dangle bracelet

Have to disagree on that point. In my opinion when a girl has a big watch and wears it loose like that it's more attractive than them wearing a ladies watch that fits snugly. For example I think Charlize looks hot as all hell in that picture. There was also a picture of a mens daytona worn loose like that and again I think it looks better than when they're wearing a ladies watch.

Also wearing a 50mm U-boat is not necessarily a bad thing. A guy at my university wears a 49mm Welder and it suits him fine. The watch should be fully on the wrist (If the whole case back isn't making contact with your wrist then it is too big). If you're wearing a watch and the lugs don't go over the end of your wrist leaving a gap (if that makes sense) then you are fine in my eyes.

The Joker
18 May 2012, 08:39 AM
Have to disagree on that point. In my opinion when a girl has a big watch and wears it loose like that it's more attractive than them wearing a ladies watch that fits snugly. For example I think Charlize looks hot as all hell in that picture. There was also a picture of a mens daytona worn loose like that and again I think it looks better than when they're wearing a ladies watch.

Charlize could wear a bin liner and look as hot as hell. It's not the watch.

rr-nyc
18 May 2012, 08:45 AM

Also wearing a 50mm U-boat is not necessarily a bad thing. A guy at my university wears a 49mm Welder and it suits him fine. The watch should be fully on the wrist (If the whole case back isn't making contact with your wrist then it is too big). If you're wearing a watch and the lugs don't go over the end of your wrist leaving a gap (if that makes sense) then you are fine in my eyes.

I completely agree. The look is, after all, referred to as the Boyfriend watch. If a woman wears a mans watch, it should fit on the looser side...as if she's wearing her boyfriend/husband's watch. Not spinning around her wrist, but lose enough to sit off center

I don't find properly fitted men's watches on women all that complimentary

Peppers90
18 May 2012, 11:44 AM
I am very excited, I have my first Men's Rolex coming soon and will be able to contribute!

kcmo
18 May 2012, 11:53 AM
I am very excited, I have my first Men's Rolex coming soon and will be able to contribute!

Ooohhh, that's exciting! Can't wait to see what you chose :cheers:

Oyster Junkie
18 May 2012, 12:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/chongus/Sports-Illustrated-Rolex-Daytona-Brooklyn-Taylor.jpg

rr-nyc
18 May 2012, 12:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/chongus/Sports-Illustrated-Rolex-Daytona-Brooklyn-Taylor.jpg

Where's the watch?

gucciposh
18 May 2012, 12:44 PM
Where's the watch?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

gucciposh
18 May 2012, 01:01 PM
when hubby's possesion becomes MINE! :smil:

SALTY
19 May 2012, 12:43 PM
My daughter wears an Air King that I bought for her upon graduating engineering school - looks great on her. To think that the Air King was once the largest of the "Air" line-up.

Gundam
19 May 2012, 02:01 PM
Looks silly in my opinion. What's wrong with the nice range of ladies models from Rolex?

rr-nyc
19 May 2012, 02:45 PM
Looks silly in my opinion. What's wrong with the nice range of ladies models from Rolex?

They make a 36mm Datejust intended for women as well

Cato
19 May 2012, 02:47 PM
I think only ladies' models are appropriate for ladies.

Andelain
19 May 2012, 02:48 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing wrong with them, but I wear 34 mm and up because I like how they look on me.

Andelain
19 May 2012, 02:49 PM
I think only ladies' models are appropriate for ladies.

All the watches in my sig are ladies watches. I'm a lady, and they're mine! :chuckle:

Megalobyte
19 May 2012, 03:03 PM
Charlize could wear a bin liner and look as hot as hell. It's not the watch.

She could wear a dead terrorist? Oh, you said Bin Liner!

singe89
19 May 2012, 04:39 PM

Case closed...arguement over...it's sexy

vintagewaferthin
27 June 2012, 12:45 PM
That Blue dial looks great.. love it

Love that blue!

dieselgeek
27 June 2012, 12:46 PM
I just bought my wife an EXP I. She loves it.
http://i46.tinypic.com/29vt6p.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/O1ixI.jpg

z32turbo
27 June 2012, 01:45 PM
I just bought my wife an EXP I. She loves it.
http://i46.tinypic.com/29vt6p.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/O1ixI.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Andelain
27 June 2012, 02:07 PM
Great looking watches, both! :cheers:

vintagewaferthin
2 July 2012, 10:03 PM
About a month ago I was in the grocery store and I saw this woman with her young child who was wearing a vintage oysterdate and it looked great on her! So it's just a personal decision.

vintagewaferthin
2 July 2012, 10:14 PM
wife and I yesterday...
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz291/ocwatching/Watches/PAM339%20Shots/0bc66ec9.jpg

I think the black dial tona looks great on the wife. I am I the only one that likes the black dial more than the white?:thinking::justkiddi

Jane Louise
17 July 2012, 10:38 AM
A few days ago I bought a Green Submariner. I have always liked my husband's black one, and after seeing a green one while looking for a new watch, I fell for it! I do feel that I have taken a bold step by choosing this watch, so I'm relieved to know that some other women wear Submariners. If women's watches don't come with features making them suitable for women who enjoy outdoor activities, then I have to choose a man's watch that has such features. I have been wearing a man's Tudor watch for the last 28 years, but at 35mm it is not now considered to be a big watch. I need to replace it because unfortunately I damaged it. It is the rotating bezel that makes the Submariner bigger than the Tudor, but the bezel is a feature I really wanted to have.

roadcarver
17 July 2012, 11:13 AM
Saw a woman this past weekend wearing a Sub 16610. Looked great on her!

rambutan
17 July 2012, 11:19 AM
Hello I've an Omega PO chronograph 37.5 mm. Just love that watch, and then it escalated to my first rolex 14060. Can't wait to try it on my wrist.:) I'm new on this forum and just had to say that my Omega is really a great watch. http://img.tapatalk.com/4fa0bf6c-bc5d-eba0.jpg and I think women that are just as interested in watches like me should consider this model. The positive side is the size it's not so big.:)
(please excuse me for the poor english) I'm from Norway...

telefonapparatet mitt

Andelain
17 July 2012, 01:23 PM
A few days ago I bought a Green Submariner. I have always liked my husband's black one, and after seeing a green one while looking for a new watch, I fell for it! I do feel that I have taken a bold step by choosing this watch, so I'm relieved to know that some other women wear Submariners. If women's watches don't come with features making them suitable for women who enjoy outdoor activities, then I have to choose a man's watch that has such features. I have been wearing a man's Tudor watch for the last 28 years, but at 35mm it is not now considered to be a big watch. I need to replace it because unfortunately I damaged it. It is the rotating bezel that makes the Submariner bigger than the Tudor, but the bezel is a feature I really wanted to have.

Please post a pic! :thumbsup:

My Sub is a TT 'Bluesy'. :bye:

Lisa
17 July 2012, 01:26 PM
Geez I wish they'd make a Tudor Black Bay in 36-38mm.:crying::crying:

spectrum
17 July 2012, 04:33 PM

It is a fad. I couldn't agree with your more!

STEVEad1
17 July 2012, 04:40 PM
A woman in a big Rolex is DAMN Sexy!!!

kcmo
18 July 2012, 01:13 AM

Congrats on the Sub Jane! Would love to see photos. I've worn men's watches for close to 10 years now and wouldn't have it any other way. My husband loves it too! :thumbsup: Enjoy your new watch! :cheers: