PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Rolex TRF River City GTG

Dan Pierce
18 June 2009, 01:51 AM
I stopped by my watchmaker [Cleves & Lonniman Jewelers on the Ohio River in quaint Belleview, KY] for some work needed on my Big Block and talked about a possible TRF GTG for vintage fans. Charlie thought it would be a great idea as he loves to talk watches.:thumbsup:
Being a vintage GTG it would be a little different in that rather than an AD we'd meet at my watchmakers shop to discuss all things vintage. This could include other brands as well, and of course, Tudors!
He has a wealth of knowledge of both vintage as well as new and it could be a great resource for those with pieces that need or will need work.
Anybody interested?:cheers:
dP

jdc
18 June 2009, 01:58 AM
sounds a great idea but bus ride might be a bit expensive. :chuckle: Hope you guys in US can make it happen and post lots of pictures :thumbsup:

Dan Pierce
18 June 2009, 02:05 AM
sounds a great idea but bus ride might be a bit expensive. :chuckle: Hope you guys in US can make it happen and post lots of pictures :thumbsup:

Come on, Martin. I thought your family was throwing you out anyway.:twit: You know how addicting those vintage pieces are.:read::chuckle:
dP

diablojota
18 June 2009, 02:08 AM
Well, depending on when, and whether you actually have to own a vintage piece to partake I would be interested. It's only about a 5 hour drive from Chattanooga.

Dan Pierce
18 June 2009, 02:13 AM
Well, depending on when, and whether you actually have to own a vintage piece to partake I would be interested. It's only about a 5 hour drive from Chattanooga.

Frank,
No particular requirements needed other than just being interested.:read:
I'm thinking maybe late summer [kinda busy in July] but I'm open to suggestions.:thumbsup:
Btw, I played the Sandbar many years ago w/ my band. Is it still there?
dP

diablojota
18 June 2009, 02:20 AM
Frank,
No particular requirements needed other than just being interested.:read:
I'm thinking maybe late summer [kinda busy in July] but I'm open to suggestions.:thumbsup:
Btw, I played the Sandbar many years ago w/ my band. Is it still there?
dP

Couldn't actually tell you, Dan. I am moving to Chattanooga at the end of July. So as of yet, I am still quite unfamiliar with the city. The only things I really know about Chatt are the aquarium (which is tops), the chattanooga choo-choo, and ruby falls is close by.

My dad does have an older Omega Constellation that I'd like to get restored so perhaps I can 'borrow' (read just take the darn thing) and bring that with. So mid- to late August would be preferable to me.

ducksaw
18 June 2009, 04:36 AM
I would love to come and I am in Chattanooga...born and raised. Dan, the Sandbar is now called the Boathouse. Little different atmosphere. I spent way too much time at the Sandbar, when did you play there?

diablojota
18 June 2009, 04:41 AM
I would love to come and I am in Chattanooga...born and raised. Dan, the Sandbar is now called the Boathouse. Little different atmosphere. I spent way too much time at the Sandbar, when did you play there?

Well Chad, I'll have to pick your brain about Chattanooga then as I will be moving there at the end of July. Never lived there, but have taken a few day trips as I used to live in Atlanta.

Dan Pierce
18 June 2009, 04:45 AM

Hi Chad,
It was probably sometime around 1995 if my memory serves me right. It was part of a mini Tennessee tour that included Nashville, Chattanooga, and Memphis. All great cities.:thumbsup:
dP

kelly56
18 June 2009, 04:50 AM
Dan. definitely count me in. I travel to Cincinnati / NKY for work so Mon - Fri would work best for me.

Best,
Mike

Dan Pierce
18 June 2009, 05:01 AM
Dan. definitely count me in. I travel to Cincinnati / NKY for work so Mon - Fri would work best for me.

Best,
Mike

That would be great, Mike.:cheers:
dP

ducksaw
18 June 2009, 06:42 AM
Well Chad, I'll have to pick your brain about Chattanooga then as I will be moving there at the end of July. Never lived there, but have taken a few day trips as I used to live in Atlanta.

Anytime!

unclesallie
19 June 2009, 06:51 PM
hmmmm.......

mike
19 June 2009, 07:43 PM
I'm very interested.:thumbsup:
Late summer would be great. Are you thinking about a weekend thing?

Dan Pierce
19 June 2009, 10:56 PM
I'm very interested.:thumbsup:
Late summer would be great. Are you thinking about a weekend thing?

Mike,
It would be great to have ya' along. Doesn't matter to me what day during the week. I'm sure we can arrange it to work for everyone, or almost everyone.:cheers:
dP

Lol-x
20 June 2009, 12:03 AM
I too think it is a great idea. Just one problem, there is a small stretch of watch between me and you called the Pacific Ocean.....so I better start swimming right now :chuckle: :thumbsup:

Dan Pierce
20 June 2009, 12:16 AM
I too think it is a great idea. Just one problem, there is a small stretch of watch between me and you called the Pacific Ocean.....so I better start swimming right now :chuckle: :thumbsup:

Get to paddlin', Steve!:chuckle:
dP

pz93c
20 June 2009, 01:18 AM
Sounds like fun.

Danged shame i'm 12 hours away.

Hoist one for us, would y'all? :cheers:

onkyo
20 June 2009, 02:17 AM
Sounds like a great idea Dan .......

But 2 trips to KY in one year and my GF will have me admitted to the nuthouse. :dummy:

:cheers:

Dan Pierce
20 June 2009, 04:11 AM
hmmmm.......

Come on, Dan. Wouldn't be the same without ya'!:thumbsup:

Sounds like a great idea Dan .......

But 2 trips to KY in one year and my GF will have me admitted to the nuthouse. :dummy:

:cheers:

Bring her along.:read: Btw, my watchmaker's eyes lit up when I told him about your fine collection.:joy::agree:
dP

PHPuser
22 July 2009, 02:31 AM
hmmmm. Anytime decided as of yet I'll love to come and find out more about my 1953 Precision and am only about 1.5 hrs away