PDA

View Full Version : Vintage submariners will the prices go up again

MARIIO
18 June 2009, 06:03 AM
I heard that vintage Subs prices will not go up anytime soon others say they will I have several models should I wait or sell. Need advise

watchcrank
18 June 2009, 07:02 AM
Depends on if you need the money. If you are selling to purchase a grail than ok as most prices are down and it is relative. If you enjoy them hold on for a bit but if you are thinking of making lots more $$ you could be in for a wait. I own a few right now as well.
Trading for what you want might bring you a better value. my own 2 cents. lol m

SLS
19 June 2009, 10:05 PM
It is a great time to buy, bad time to sell unless you have nice examples with all the goodies. In time these pieces will go up again.
Scott

stevemulholland3
20 June 2009, 04:50 PM
I have found that prices are already startingf to climb..I buy several watches a month (sometimes a week..lol) and I have found in the last month or two that prices have very steadily been climbing again..also there have been less and less nice vintage watches for sale..
you all had better buy quick if you want to get that special collectors piece before they are out of reach..and I am not just saying that because I sell them!!

argee1977
20 June 2009, 05:24 PM
I think the bog standard ones like the feet first 5513 aren't going to regain much more, but the rarer ones like the gilt, meters first, redsubs, etc will start to climb again. But at the end of the day, a watch is only worth what someone will pay for it, and in every market you have ups and downs, so i wouldn't make any judgements until they either rise or fall for a period over a few months and up to a year.

T5AUS
20 June 2009, 08:56 PM
It's a buyers market right now, but it wont last forever, be selective and buy good original watches and you can't go wrong. Not really a time to be selling unless you have to. :thumbsup:

onkyo
21 June 2009, 04:12 AM
Still a buyers market..... prices will rebound in time.

:cheers:

blaine mattison
22 June 2009, 11:50 AM
at the shows (WWT and NAWCC) the common subs 80's-90's are sitting.
traders are sitting on the fence only looking for super bargains or pre-sold
watches. when a super tuff item hits the floor (i.e. red sub) everyone gets
off the fence. what i have REALLY notice is the lack of traders. europeans, middle eastners and pacific rim. good for me less competition when i'm picking!!!!!!super good time to trade-up. since last fall i have done this with out coming out of pocket!

1. monaco cal 11 blue 70's
2. daytona tt u ser
3. 1680 red sub
4. ploprof 600m

MARIIO
10 July 2009, 11:39 AM
I bought an 06 Explorer II. and I have some doubts..
I noticed the bracelet doesn't have the model mark at the end of the bracelet link or the last link.
I was aware that the new models 07-09 had the solid bracelet with no markings
Is it ok I went searching on ebay and saw some 05-06 explorers with the bracelet model numbers and some don't.
Can somebody help me

Clay
10 July 2009, 12:30 PM
Now's a great time to buy.....If you have the money.....I have no doubt that prices will rise again....When?? Now that's anyones guess...LOL

onkyo
10 July 2009, 01:27 PM
I noticed the bracelet doesn't have the model mark at the end of the bracelet link or the last link.
Is it ok I went searching on ebay and saw some 05-06 explorers with the bracelet model numbers and some don't.
Can somebody help me

Post some high quality pictures and probably someone can help you.

:cheers:

stevemulholland3
14 July 2009, 07:23 PM
Can somebody help me

I am not sure how your question ties in with the topic of this thread??...
why dont you start a new one in the watchout section..

RLX-lvr
25 July 2009, 04:14 PM
I am not sure how your question ties in with the topic of this thread??...
why dont you start a new one in the watchout section..

You tell 'em Steve. :rofl::cheers: