View Single Post
Old 1 January 2020, 07:37 PM   #1
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202ST
buying a new AP from AD

I can't change the title but it should be buying an AP *not* from AD
A friend has asked me to get him an LE AP (the driver Tokyo edition 15711OI). The AP isn’t give much hope so I have to go gray market since my friend is impatient.

Living in HK almost a few watch traders locally seem to have one in brand new with box and papers. I have some questions.

1) how does the warranty card/registration work when buying from such a dealer? Presumably when the watch was sold by an AD (its boutique only) it was already registered to someone. Can I re-register under my (or my friends) name?

2) this particular dealer has very high Chrono24 rating (150+ and I will go their registered office which I already checked in the company registry). Should I buy online over chrono24 (while i am in their store) or is it ok to just pay them. I will pay with credit card and wondering if buying over chrono24 gives me any added protection?

3) any other advice? I saw the sticky on pre-owned but none of that seems to apply to brand new latest gen watches with full set of papers.

4) what exactly does full set mean? Box/warranty card/manuals. Does it also me the purchase receipt in the name of some other person?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by rumnyc; 1 January 2020 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: title edit
rumnyc is offline   Reply With Quote