View Single Post
Old 25 February 2020, 11:09 AM   #5
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
Just trying to keep this real...but unless you know for certain you’re really “in” with this AD, asking for a Perpetual in steel or a Skeleton in steel isn’t happening anytime soon. That’s most definitely the case with a Skeleton. The Perpetual has become very difficult as well. Just check on C24 you’ll see the number available has decreased and they’re all above $70k unless you want something polished or nearing the end of the warranty term.

I don’t think there’s too many success stories of attaining these models at retail without putting in the relationship effort and having some sort of purchase history that spans a couple of years or more.

Don’t give up though. You’ll certainly not get anything without asking.
Intuitively I would agree with you, that's why I think I might have to flip a few, especially an easy to sell one like the 15500 in order to get pieces I like. Maybe I am wrong but something feels wrong to me buying a $50k+ watch over the internet... I guess I could fly out to NYC or so and meet the grey dealer in eprson for a PC... but I just like the piece of mind that comes with buying from the source and I don't mind waiting...

Just trying to keep this real...but unless you know for certain you’re really “in” with this AD - regarding this, well I bought one AP from them 2 months ago, is it even still possible to build relationship with a boutique in las vegas with one or two I'd say rather entry level purchases a year?
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote