View Single Post
Old 3 March 2020, 10:46 PM   #122
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
John I don’t have any actionable financial advice for strangers on a watch forum.

Seeing as you’re apparently a hedge fund manager I can see why this sort of market is very profitable for you but for many of us we are just looking for ways to protect capital. We are not professionals.

Coming in after close to call out random strangers on TRF about an opinion on market direction seems like an odd move for someone in your profession.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
To me, and again I am not a professional, it means that when I see large swings day to day it points to uncertainty in the markets and a lack of confidence which can go downhill very fast. A dangerous place for casual investors to dabble unless they have a very strong stomach or the professional guidance needed to deploy more complex strategies.
Ditto.

There’s a lot of technical jargon here and that’s great for seasoned pros, but just like watches, there are many different types of investors. There are many who are experienced (the watch connoisseurs if you will) and many who are not (guys like me).

There’s one thing I’ve learned after being in invested the markets for the last 31 years and that is, they go up and they go down and no one know precisely where the top or the bottom occurs.

In between, there’s ups and downs and times like these require patience.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote