View Single Post
Old 23 April 2020, 08:17 AM   #4
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

That's an interesting one. Assume both are full sets and assume the Y is all original and not polished. Polish would be a factor value wise vs all original unpolished on the Y. I'm surprised the Y does not have SELs - I thought by then (after Ps) all were SELs.

I have the exact ceramic model you have (gave my 5 digit F Pepsi to my son) and love the black ceramic. I wear it on a Bonetto Cinturini rubber strap which is inexpensive, ridiculously soft and comfortable and really tones down the watch (no PCLs which I'm not a fan of). It gives it a more "goes with anything look", do anything capability without fear of trashing the bracelet . The additional case bulk of the 6 digit is not a factor IMO. I have owned several 5 digit GMTs and the clasp is subjectively "better" on the 6 series, but I wear them on rubber tang buckle straps so wearability is the same for me. The 5 digit is more versatile color-wise and has a cult following of its own which is only growing. Value-wise about even these days, based on conditions. I think this is pretty close to a true tossup - it's all about the look you want and if you enjoy the color versatility. Good luck with your decision.