View Single Post
Old 1 July 2020, 11:20 PM   #105
IBDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNABOD View Post
I could easily see the poor finish staring at it w a 6X loupe and possibly w the naked eye . To say that 20k doesn’t buy you a whole lot of Swiss and therefore excuses this because of labor cost when the company just put up a 600 million headquarters is laughable . Are you serious ? Sure japan labor cost is lower but then what , you can’t make a decent hand set because your hourly labor rate is high , gimme a break . The reason is they don’t care , they sell the trinkets in advance people get on some silly lists for them and PP doesn’t have to provide anything better finish . Win win for PP but it seems fair to me as horology enthusiast to contrast and compare brands . Sure a GS movement is nowhere near finished like PP even though I doubt the movement in the OPs watch has a lot of hand finishing so the cost of making that PP I would guess isn’t too far off from a GS that are made in low numbers .
I don’t excuse anything. I’m stating facts. If the resulting price-quality ratio doesn’t work for you then don’t buy Patek. I’m sure PP will be devastated over crates full of Aquanaut that go unsold because of unfinished side surface-gate.
IBDOC is offline   Reply With Quote