View Single Post
Old 17 April 2009, 10:36 AM   #19
mikeyatc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms_w View Post
It's okay to vent. I would, too, if you get something that isn't as advertised. Sorry to hear about your ordeal with them. My watch was also advertised as unused/unworn. At least you got some money back from them. I bought a bezel insert from Steve H. (great guy btw) as well, not new, but definitely authentic. Let these examples be warnings to future buyers. If buyers are willing to assume a little risk or inconvenience, swiss wrist is an option. Like I said before, maybe they buy these watches this way and just don't check everything out before selling it to the consumer. We will probably never know the truth.
It's consumers like us who look everything over with a microscope that have the potential to make swisswrist look really bad. I've been hesitant to say anything on these forums because of karma. Most people aren't detail oriented like you and me. Like I said, I was looking for a new watch and went to the AD here. They gave me a descent deal on a new Sub date. Purchased new today. They got my cash and I have my watch. (without having to wait for Fedex or UPS, or whoever<no stress>)
Now I have to decide where to send my GMT II to for service. New crystal and service.
I think they (swisswrist) know that these watches have issues. <But sell them hoping we don't examine them carefully>
mike
mikeyatc is offline   Reply With Quote