View Single Post
Old 4 January 2021, 02:27 AM   #19
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Carver View Post
LOL,so your 'belief' is your proof? Apparently even Tiffany won't actually provide a serial number to substantiate it's one of theirs when they take your 1000 bucks but you think Rolex can do it. Here's econ 101 for you, when the dealer pays Rolex for their shipment those watches belong to the dealer. Rolex' wishes can't supplant the law of the land, shocking I know :)

I know you keep ducking this because it proves you have no idea what you're talking about but the long time existence of the gray market proves once those watches become property of the AD Rolex no longer has control and has no idea how those watches are sold..

If Rolex could do what you 'believe' there would be no gray market. :)
I think the concept your failing to grasp here is that without proof, everything you've said is nothing but your beliefs either. and you expect me to believe that your beliefs are truth without backing up any of your claims.

it's well known Rolex won't service modified or aftermarket parts on their watches.
it's fraud/illegal to stamp Tiffany & co if it wasn't done by an authorized retailer.
Rolex servicing illegally stamped watches versus changing dials seems pretty logical. Why would this be the only modification they allow people to do to their watch?(other than caseback inscriptions which have been commonplace on watches back to the 1700's from what i've seen)

my beliefs would have no effect on the grey market. The grey market has to do with new goods purchased from a retailer, sold at either a discount or in modern times for profit. how Tiffany and Co dispersed their product after arrival to their facilities is irrelevant to this conversation entirely.
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote