View Single Post
Old 22 January 2021, 01:24 AM   #142
mbalmz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Great point, and many thanks.

None of us know with 100% certainty if the Gen 2 9010 is a step forward or back with the new movement. This is why Panerai needs to disclose things asap as speculation is building. I'm getting pretty darn frustrated too. Between my boutique saying July (2020) release, then saying December, now saying this month...........

(My feeble attempt at good humor) Who knows, maybe by delivery time Panerai will already be on their Gen 3 9010 movement

Agree when picking up the 1118 I can check a few things. If this gets too drawn out by Panerai I can easily ask the boutique to remove the case back so I can photo the movement and post pics here. Better still, and Mayors did this at an event with their watchmaker, the Panerai boutique watchmaker can dissassemble the movement and I can video it and post it on Youtube.
this would be great...

call me a pessimist but with the sketchy roll-out of this news by the brand I'm very much doubting the movement is stepping forward...

presumably if there were meaningful upgrades being made they'd call it the "9020" or something, and tell everyone about it, have some promos ready, etc....
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote