View Single Post
Old 24 January 2021, 11:34 PM   #71
Michael N Q8
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Michael while I agree there is, or was, a slight problem with the 32 series movements, much like the few problems with the cal3035,cal3135,cal3186 plus many others all rectified over production years. But in todays age with the use of phone apps and timegraphers these tiny so called problems are reported on forums, and then blown out of all proportion. Just wonder how many 32 series movements are in this world today, most probably a 1000000 plus. And just wonder how many of these movements have been sent back to Rolex for adjustment. What this boils down to speaking for myself I cannot see any reason whatsoever not to buy and enjoy wearing any 32 series movement watch. But must admit I wear my watches and only check time once a week or so no matter the movement inside, thank god my life's not run to the exact second .
To be honest, I am not obsessed with every second slower or faster. Whenever I get a new watch I do check it for a few days just to see that all is ok. I recently got a pristine Explorer 1 and checked it. It does +2 sec a day and maintains that pretty well.

I also got the new Breitling 806 reissue and that has a 70 hour reserve and also keeps a more or less consistent +2 sec per day over 3 days. This is not an issue for me, even 5-10 per day is not an issue.

Its just this BLRO that has inconsistent performance that points to a latent problem and when I saw these posts the penny dropped...
116520 Daytona white, 116500 Daytona black, 126600 SD, Speedmaster Pro, 116710BLNR GMT II, Speedmaster trilogy 57, Breitling Navitimer A23322, Seiko SKX007J, Seiko Mini turtle PADI, Seiko 5 Sport Diver.
Michael N Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote