View Single Post
Old 25 January 2021, 05:40 AM   #113
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
So, this is FAR from a scientific measurement, but as stated, I normally wear my new Sub 24-7, and checking every few days or so it is running a consistent (approximately) - 1.4 or -1.5 seconds a day. This is just me looking at the second hand compared to my internet time. I do not have any measuring equipment, however last time I was at my AD he put it on the machine and below are the results.

I was asked to not wear the watch for 24 hours, just let it sit (I am assuming to let it wind down a bit) and check. I did. The results are it was (again just from my eyes looking at the second hand versus my phone) a +1 second. It was on a stand, dial up (actually with my watch stand it’s not completely up, almost at a 45 degree angle, but close to “up”).

I have no idea what this means... but PLEASE don’t ask me not to wear my Rolex for 24 hours again
Many thanks for your efforts!
Your AD data explain as follows:

From left column to the right column: watch position; rate (s/d), beat error (ms), amplitude (degrees)
Bottom line shows the averages = SUM:6

Amplitudes:
Dial up & dial down: 278, 279 degrees: both values very close (excellent)
All other positions: 249-251 degrees: all 4 values very close (excellent)
Conclusion: this movement has no issue at all, I understand that these data were taken after full winding.

That your watch is running "a consistent (approximately) - 1.4 or -1.5 seconds a day" is given by your wearing pattern, absolutely nothing to worry about. Some owners prefer that their watches run slightly + instead of -, but that's only a matter of taste
saxo3 is online now   Reply With Quote