View Single Post
Old 26 February 2021, 12:43 PM   #4
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T View Post
Great looking piece, and Cartier makes great watches, across several model lines. I've been eyeing the Santos and the Tank for a couple of years, even their sporty lines have an elegance to them.

What drew you to the Santos over other models ? And this version, seems to be more casual than a bracelet. Had you tried out several models?

My issue with the Tank is narrowing down the specific model among the four or so sub categories. I have a Cartier boutique near me, go there from time to time to browse. I haven't become disillusioned or frustrated with Rolex, just that I have several, all that I really want at this point. Rolex offerings the last two years or so haven't really interested me. I have been diversifying my collection for a while, and a Cartier is an excellent addition.
Hello Jack,
I was not looking for Cartier especially, was just surfing on the FS forum for non-Rolex and came across this watch a dealer was selling.

I still do like Rolex but refuse to pay crazy prices for a SS sport watch.

I consider myself an enthusiast not a collector. I do not have a lot of watches, but basically one good piece at a time and when I get sick of it, sell it on the FS forums. I have seen this Cartier line for years and it never turned me on, but when I saw this stealthy guy, I was intrigued. I went to Tourneau near me to see both the 0039 and 0037, it was an easy decision for me. I don’t that much about the metal bracelet. This rubber guy is very shortly. Next time you go to the Cartier Boutique take a look at it.

Sorry for duplicate post....
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote