View Single Post
Old 26 March 2021, 11:17 PM   #14
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriedkin View Post
You are smarter than the average Bear. Because I don't wear my PC much I never remember what pusher does what????

So out with the manuel. Find my loupe, because my eyes can't see the small detail on the dial. Determine if I'm out of the danger zone. Find my pusher, start pushing. Go PAST the place I'm suppose to be on the date. Push 31 more times. After 30-40 minutes with my wife screaming at me we leave for dinner 20 minutes late. Then I have to explain to our friends that I wasn't able to set my watch correctly. They think, what kind of idiot can't set a watch? I finally go back home only to find out the ONLY maker I have right is the DAY. Both the Month and Date are not correct. GOD only knows if the moonphase is right, but then does anybody really care? Take it off after 3 hours and put it back in the safe. REPEAT 2 months later (The month will be corrrect by then).
It's quite intuitive. This is how I remember (I also saved below pics in my handphone gallery in case I need quick reference):

IMG_26032021_212119_(800_x_900_pixel).jpg
IMG_26032021_210711_(800_x_1080_pixel).jpg

Pusher A is closest to the day of the week. Pusher D is closest to the moonphase. These 2 are easy to associate.

The trick is then to remember Pushers B and C. Looking at the location of the sub dials, the right one (month and leap year) is closest to Pusher C. The last one for the date is Pusher B then.

For the actual setting, whether AC or PC, I always set to 6am first, then push the date to 1st day of the month (I can remember this key step after a few setting). Then correct month, date and the rest of sequence are not too important.

I also rotate my watches a lot and thus I'm quite familiar with watch setting on all my watches. Practice makes perfect and sometimes I use toothpick haha.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote