View Single Post
Old 15 August 2021, 12:54 AM   #84
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Here is a back story that no one brings up why there is so much “negativity” against Panerai. Most will never speak of this but I have been around way before this in the industry and watched the social media movement at its youth.

Panerai has become the brand to pick on over the last few years simply because they were as popular as Rolex at one time and this irritated the Rolex fan boys to no end. Then it became a mission to talk trash about anything Panerai. Anything to knock the popularity of Panerai down. Spreading anything negative about Panerai became acceptable and the new crop of watch enthusiast thought this was what you did to look like you knew anything horological. Panerai is not perfect but the “anti Panerai” social media campaign is undeniable and I know much about this and so does TRF from the top down. It is tolerated to a point on TRF when kept objective but push it too far and your stay on TRF will be brief as trashing ANY brand on TRF obsessively will be shown the door.
I understand all that. I myself enjoyed goofing on Panerai and their enthusiasts for their clownishly large watches and then I wore one and discovered I’d been wrong all along. My point is that we all know that what you say is true and we’re all past that point in time now. Panerai has a past filled with questionable decisions. Still they are nice watches. Either we enjoy wearing them or we don’t.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote