View Single Post
Old 5 September 2021, 10:13 PM   #29
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Just wondering ...

For me a lot changed when talking about independents. I mean ... Journe is still my favorite brand and that will probably not change. But When buying a Journe today you don't get a piece he made. He works with dozens of watchmakers.
And so do Voutilainen and almost all the others. Even RW Smith has quite some watchmakers working for him.

All great watches but isn't it even better when the watch you get is the watch made by the man who's name is on the dial ?

This is why I love Florent Lecomte, Pascal Coyon, Chritian Lass.

So I would like to see more go these in this thread instead of the Parmiginani, Journe, Voutilainen, Grossman, Czapek, Greubel, Forsey ...
They are independent because the do not belong to a big group ... but they are so different from these individuals.

Maybe we need another name than 'independent'

How do the call the ultra small brands where the watchmaker himself makes YOUR watch.
+1. Although getting a watch from an independent is great, it is not necessarily the same as having your watch made (from start to finish) by a single watchmaker. Beat Haldimann is another one to add to your list btw.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote