View Single Post
Old 17 May 2009, 12:46 PM   #6
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
Scott,

I thought the same thing on a couple of threads shortly after I got here. I kinda stuck up for the guys that got banned before their actual banning, but it turned out they were trolls after all. One was talking about himself in the 3rd person which was really hilarious, and I think the other one was some type of seller of fake stuff, or had a retail operation of some type going.

In any case, I got into it with the same mod I believe you are talking about. As I do believe these situations can be handled different. It appears to me that the mod in question likes to drag these things out for the value of self-entertainment. I am a mod on another board, where there is a moderator's section, so I don't buy the "behind the scenes" excuses that I have heard before when questions like yours are raised.

Nevertheless, this is a private board and they can run it as they wish. I do get useful information from the site, and there are a few kindred spirits here, so that makes the participation worth it IMO.

I am glad you aren't buying it, cause I ain't selling it. It is a fact. The mod you're referring to has unorthodox ways, true. Having said that, it is, indeed, entertaining (to more people than just him, mind you), and it decreases the amount of junk on this board. So, what's wrong with that? People decide to speak out of their arse and they are reprimanded for it. Sounds like common sense to me.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote