View Single Post
Old 26 September 2021, 10:43 AM   #138
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShougekiMaru View Post
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
So true. This thread and ”boycot” of ours is a sad joke.
It doesn’t matter anymore what we, the customers, do. Companies are ruling the people. We are just puppets.
There were the days when people were the power.
In Companies We Trust And Blindly Obey…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What companies are ruling what people? Cite your sources. In what way are we puppets? Cite your examples. In what days did people have the power over these mysterious companies and if Rolex is one of them why did we not use our power to get watches for free?

Do you read on this forum or just initiate boycotts? The vast majority of posts on this forum for a few years running have been about the lack of availability and expressing anger at flippers who buy just to sell. Your friend by your own description is such a person. In the five or so years I’ve been on this forum your friend’s story is the only one I can recall where someone was cut off by a dealer for excessive purchasing. This is called holding the exception up as the rule.

I feel no outrage at your friend’s story, I feel relief. I see the behavior of the AD specifically and Rolex generally as beneficial to normal enthusiasts to whom a Rolex purchase is a special occasion. Your friend is feeding the secondary market with his frequent purchases. Rolex, to whatever extent they can, is trying to limit this behavior. I support them for that. It doesn’t make me less loyal to the brand, if anything it makes me more loyal.

Rolex isn’t exerting any power over me, if they truly had power over anyone they would use it to charge more for their watches. I am not a puppet of Rolex, I buy when I can and when I’m inspired to. And when I am inspired to I have a mutually respectful relationship with my AD and they are very helpful when I make a request.

Your generalizations are meaningless and unsupportable. I have no sympathy for your friend or your cause. In no other business can we demand the product we want whenever we want it. Have you tried buying a car during the pandemic? Luxury goods are not a human right. There is no controversy here, simply one entitled bad faith actor whose luck ran out.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote