View Single Post
Old 9 January 2022, 09:56 PM   #87
IamJacky
"TRF" Member

What I like about each generation:

16610LV: a very unique, transitional watch that has the older traditional cases but with Maxi dial and hands, which also is the first SS Submariner to be introduced with a green bezel that sets it apart from its 5-digit Sub siblings. Within its short production run there're also many variants in dials and bezels. Just a very interesting and IMO historically important watch in the Submariner lineup. The aluminum bezel scratches easily but I love the unique color/texture/sheen it has.

116610LV: while aesthetically speaking it is not to my taste with both green bezel and green sunburst dial, I do appreciate that it is the only Submariner to have both features, which also makes it a very special watch. The case, bracelet, and clasp are all superior to its predecessor.

126610LV: I much prefer the combination of the green ceramic bezel and black dial combo, it's more balanced for me personally. The improved/refined case and bracelet ratio also makes it look smoother and not as boxy as the 116610LV. The updated 72 hour reserve movement is also a nice bonus.

I guess it's all up to personal taste, I think most can all agree that all three are really nice watches and I'm very happy to own one of them.

Borrowed a picture from another forum: