View Single Post
Old 1 May 2022, 01:48 AM   #32
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan2009 View Post
The point is that the watch has warmer tone to it instead of looking obnoxiously orange. It makes a difference when you see it in person.
I agree they look different in person … but to me, I have the opposite reaction …

In pictures, they make them look more neutral, more “goldish” … in person they are pinker than in the pictures.

I wore a Rolex Cellini in the AD for an hour, while we were buying my girlfriend’s watch, and I just could not pull the trigger … loved the watch, but it was pink, maybe copper, like a penny, and I just don’t want a pink watch.

At another AD, that has nearly every other brand (individual Boutiques), I put on several A. Lange watches … they are more of a Salmon color.

My AD ranks the watches 1-5 on how pink toned they are, and ranks the A. Lange the least pink of the watches they carry.

Pink is a fair descriptor, but to me they lean more towards the copper they have in them.

All that said, my observations and thoughts aside … the manufacturers are making them for a reason … they obviously sell … and their data must be that people want Rose Gold.

Times have changed … I don’t remember the Pharaohs of Egypt, the Incas, the Aztecs, the Mayans wanting to be buried in Rose Gold !!! Lol
Big Tex Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote