View Single Post
Old 19 May 2022, 10:58 PM   #74
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erpin View Post
I have dealt with the heritage dept before when i brought my 6542 GMT with red writing for a service quote. They told me then that if there is any part that is not original, they will not accept my watch for repair. So if they do accept my silver dialed GMT for repair, it means the dial is original Rolex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erpin View Post
Good question. I had a watch before that has been redialed and brought it to Rolex to have it changed to a service which they gladly did. I am not sure how they would react if i brought the same watch just for a movement service. Most likely they will convince me to change the dial?
It seems to me that it would be better not to play these guessing games. Trying to read between the lines and infer what Rolex is hinting by accepting your watch for a service will not give you certainty and it clearly will not provide convincing documentation for a future sale. In your place, if I were taking the time and trouble to go to Switzerland, I think I would directly request authentication in writing, even if it involves a fee.