View Single Post
Old 7 July 2022, 05:48 AM   #36
link517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloDiThernan View Post
I agree with you. Few things are less attractive than narrow minded, single issue, old men. Who have no ability to listen and adapt. I understand, as an old man myself, that an excessive emphasis on money, rather than beauty, is one dimensional. And boring. But all the posts here addressing the value that others perceive in Rolex (in other words, what does the market think) are of much greater interest than the bad-tempered ‘stop talking about money” oldies with thousands of ‘what are you wearing?’ posts. I expect an infraction warning. Or this to be deleted. But if the old lions don’t give way to the young lions, the pride dies. And the youngsters on this forum have far more insight and colour to offer than the old complainers.
Well said. I would add that I use the value/market price topics/posts to get a feel on ability to source new watches, which has nothing to do investment. For instance, white gold latest generation sub can be had around retail on secondary market, that tells me it might be worth going to my AD to inquire about a piece.

Without this forum, I would have never discovered Moda Facebook group and how would I know that Chrono24 posted prices are overly optimistic.