View Single Post
Old 8 January 2023, 01:10 AM   #80
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by smugtech View Post
First post...new enthusiast here in Cypress, TX. Looking to get my hands on the white gold Yatchmaster Oysterflex OR the Submariner.

Went to a couple of retailers and they weren't too interested in saying even hello (I know how Rolex AD's works so wasn't really shocked or surprised).

Where have you bought your rolexes from?
AD’s get what they get, and most of them are already spoken for. I’d let them know you want a WG YM and get on their radar. The demand, I’d guess, isn’t that high so the number of people already registering interest can’t be that long. Sub is a very different story.

I buy from Deutsch on Westheimer by Highland Village. The SA’s are very nice, easy to work with. Deutsch owns the boutique in the Galleria I don’t even bother to visit anymore on the rare occasion I’m at the Galleria - they never have anything and their SA’s IMO have become impersonal from constantly telling people they don’t have anything to sell, and arguing with people about it.

Du Boulle in River Oaks District plays the “build a relationship” game, meaning buy crap you don’t want and maybe one day we’ll sell you what you do. At least that’s how they handle Patek, but don’t see why they’d be different when it comes to Rolex, they became a Rolex AD several months ago. Deutsch doesn’t play those games, in my experience.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote