View Single Post
Old 10 July 2009, 10:23 AM   #18
mcubed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjp6 View Post
Yes, what you see in the picture is a SS bezel, looks like the round SS knurled thing, the bezel insert, the piece with the minutes and a tritium "pearl" at 0 on/in it and the flattish steel "washer". thats makes up the bezel assm.

Steve M, a member here on TRF can help you with this, his email is stevemulholland3@aol.com. I just purchased an insert for a 5513 sub from him so expect around $250 or more just for the insert.

I am in the same boat as you regarding funding a complete restoration all in one go, so just plan it over a period. I've set mine at 6 months, my 5513 needing pretty much the same as your sub, polish, bezel, service etc.

Your hacking and crown, from what you have said sound fine so do not worry about them.

A lot of people don't like to overly polish a watch as it removes metal and therefore the watch is no longer original. Lots of opinions on this, so you don't need mine....just have a look at John's thread above, http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=73324, and check out his polished watch.....

Best of luck and post some more pictures as you go..
Remember though, that not just any submariner bezel will do, not all model subs have interchangeable bezels. So make sure you get the one for your watch. I would REALLY suggest finding someone who deals with these watches on a regular basis.
mcubed is offline   Reply With Quote