View Single Post
Old 8 July 2023, 09:41 PM   #118
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Adder just to say the GT3RS and GT2RS I do agree are overkill for road driving. And yes, a lot of folks never track them. Sadly, because they are purpose-built track cars.
A most humble thanks SuperDog, YES this is what I'm 'alluding' to. Thanks for allowing me to better explain my thoughts, gentlemen.

Sure your typical 911, etc is fine as a grocery-getter, drive it on the 405 in SoCal traffic and such as that's what they are built for

The RS series and the like, track it, or let someone seriously talented track your car. Better still, meet them at a PCA / HPDE track day and allow them to drive it (and, perhaps, teach you how to track a car... a BIG win-win there). This way you can experience the vehicle's true potential in a safe and proper environment, which is what it was built for.

jmho

PS: If RS owners are too scared, i'll volunteer my 'services' to track your Porsche RS. Better still, let Paul track it :)
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote