View Single Post
Old 8 July 2023, 11:51 PM   #120
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I don’t disagree that tracking is a must.

But, I have to admit that it feels to me that anyone that can’t enjoy these cars on the roads, just doesn’t have experience with them. Or can’t drive.

You don’t need to drive at breakneck speeds to enjoy these cars. Especially the 911. Windy roads are tons of good fun.

There are many great roads by me to enjoy.

The autobahn is just fast. I’m sure that’s great. But point and go is not what these cars are about.

On nice days the driving roads by me are filled. Go early in the am, and you can have them all to yourself.

I’ve personally done rally’s all over the country as well. I can assure you, the US has epic roads. And many are the exact same ones the editors at road and track are using to test cars to write their articles.

So yeah, all car enthusiasts should experience the track. Absolutely. I’m actually going to be driving my customers senna in august. Can’t wait. I’ll track my R8 same day too.

But nah, I enjoy my to and from work every single day. And I’m tame in comparison to literally the tens of thousands of car enthusiasts in the tri state area.
I had an '89 911 and did annual PCA driver's eds. Really fun and really showed what the car could do and how rock solid it was. Easy to drive to and from and on the track. I now have a 991 Cab, and while I don't really want to do track events anymore, and a Cab is not a great choice for it anyway, it does make cruises way more fun. I think it's a perfect street car. Not that it wouldn't be fun at the track, but it isn't fully necessary to appreciate it. My opinion...