View Single Post
Old 22 July 2023, 07:16 AM   #1
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Additional Authentication required?

Hi everyone, I won a brand new Rolex submariner “Starbucks” in a competition recently, it came with all the paperwork and box, also had the “eBay authentication guarantee card” with it, not sure if that’s any indicator of authenticity even though the company Ebay uses is stoll & co who do seem to have a decent reputation but the feedback from buyers and sellers seem on eBay seems to be mixed.

I’m not sure if I should find a reputable independent person/company to check the watch over for piece of mind? If it deemed necessary then can anyone recommend who would be best to take it to in the Essex area? Obviously it doesn’t need servicing as brand new but been reading that a proper authentication requires the back to be removed but wouldn’t that void the warranty? Or should the papers be enough for me to conclude that this is a genuine watch?

I don’t have any intention of selling it but obviously don’t want it to be the case that if I ever do it turns out to be a fake that’s worth £100 as opposed to the £15,000 that I’m led to believe it’s currently worth!

Have added images and can upload some more if required. Thanks
Paddydog52 is offline   Reply With Quote