View Single Post
Old 30 October 2023, 05:44 AM   #66
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigman08 View Post
I think what many people take issue with is that it appears that you don’t give a shit if anyone else in the world gets this piece after you get yours, as you’ve bluntly stated twice that you hope it’s discontinued shortly thereafter… That is certainly your prerogative, but you shouldn’t be surprised when other watch enthusiasts find that mentality to be quite self-centered in a community of people who tend to always hope for nothing but the best for their fellow collectors who are yearning for that next acquisition
I actually do care in that I hope they don’t. So I actively hope that they make as few as possible.

Even if I don’t get one; I’m rooting for the collectors with the history to get this piece that it will be a “reward” piece for their collecting journey up to this point.

A recent example would be something like the AP Star Wheel. If I had the history at a boutique it’s well worth MSRP to me and I’d buy one; but it looks like AP is going to not make them to demand. Am I mad or bitter about that? No. I think it’s good for their brand and in particular the Code line to have in demand watches that “normal” people can’t get. The market demand versus supply is part of the watch.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote