View Single Post
Old 27 February 2024, 07:28 AM   #199
johnsonsxusfrt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaTuna View Post
So if I'm reading you all correctly...

You think the decline will be over when we are back to 2014 where you could walk in and get a Sub or Royal Oak at the AD no problem, and the smart people were getting discounts or buying pre owned at 30% off?
Not back to 2014 prices, but back to the 2015-2019 trend line + a bump for inflation, which means prices will still be higher today vs pre-covid.

But I agree we aren't very far from normalization at this point. Most rolex models are trading for about retail, with most precious model and TT pieces at or below retail. The exception remains the daytona, pepsi, sprite etc.

Most 43mm AP Offshores have corrected below retail, and the 42s are pretty much back to 2020 prices. The new ROs are at a reasonable premium nowadays.

Almost all the Patek models (except Nautilus & Aquanaut) are at or well below retail. For example I just looking at the 5205g and it's 15K below retail. Folks with purchase history are getting offered brand new Aquanauts at retail by their ADs without even asking. Nautilus on bracelet is standing strong (but down significantly from ridiculous peak), and will be the last General to fall.
johnsonsxusfrt is online now   Reply With Quote