View Single Post
Old 2 March 2024, 02:59 AM   #40
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
I have been using the Vegas "Crystals" boutique for over 7 years since they were a JV boutique with Westime. I've had the same SA the entire time. My experience has been the complete opposite of yours. I've taken the journey, but always with pieces I ask for including sought after pieces like Jumbo, Ceramic Openwork, and RO QP. They've always taken really good care of me and the wife. Friends and family we referred were always taken care of with RO's as first allocations.

I know the boutique director well and this seems very out of character for him. Getting APNA and Switzerland approval for higher complication pieces like the QP is very much a reality. Once you get approved through that process, it opens up future allocation opportunities for difficult references. I don't believe that is a sales pitch thrown your way. It seems your original SA might be the crux of the problem. She shouldn't have been pushing pieces on you for the sake of the journey.
In terms of first contact (2018) and total spend my AP journey is not too different from OP, but beyond that there's no parallel at all. We always asked for and eventually received specific references, no BS whatsoever. The contrast is quite curious, and the SA certainly is one variable. If that's the case, AP should work harder for a more consistent (and enjoyable) experience.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust