View Single Post
Old 13 March 2024, 12:08 PM   #29
BigPapiDoesItAgain
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
How much was your deposit?

In an environment of 5% six months CD's, it's adding hundreds to the price.
So go gray and add thousands?

I was told months ago at my AD that some pieces are allocation pieces, and they don't know when they were getting them, some pieces they find out they are getting, and some pieces can be ordered.

I was "offered" a 126711CHNR the last week of August 2023 and told it would be in my hands Dec 2023 or Jan 2024. They asked for a 50% deposit. I said ok, knowing full well what the opportunity cost of that money would be in a short term liquid investment such as a HYSA, MM, CD, t-bills, etc (about 200 USD). I mean in the grand scheme of things, the 8800 USD is not a huge sum, and the 200 USD lost opportunity cost is the price of a dinner out. The watch came in in Jan 2024. I got an unworn, brand new watch with an unimpeachable chain of custody at retail plus tax and more stroke with the AD. The same dealer also told me they could "order" any datejust combo same deal (1/2 deposit) and have it inside of three months. My brother just ordered one. That was about a month ago.

I mean, pick your poison. Until you can walk in and buy exactly what you want, you're gonna have to give up some squeeze I suppose.
BigPapiDoesItAgain is offline   Reply With Quote