View Single Post
Old 13 March 2024, 01:10 PM   #31
KathleenL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 279171-0001
When I decided I wanted a Lady Datejust, my Hubs said he would buy it for me, for our 40th anniversary. This was in early 2021. I contacted De Vons in the Roseville Galleria, as that is the closest AD to where we live. I got this in response from them:

"We require you to visit one of our locations, sign some paperwork along with paying for the timepiece in full. A typical order time frame is about 10-14 weeks but can take up to six months."

Both my Hubs and I didn't like the "pay in full for us to order the watch for you," so I contacted a different AD (no, not another De Vons location).

I asked the second AD if they would require a deposit, and the response was:

"Typically we take a deposit but if it’s a model that I need for stock anyway (and all the fluted/jubilee are) I don’t need a deposit."

Because he wasn't going to require a deposit, I didn't bother asking how much of a deposit they would typically get.

Exactly one month (to the day) later, the Rolex I wanted was on my wrist. AND, although my preferred dial (Sundust stick) had recently been discontinued and replaced by the rosé dial, this wonderful AD managed to get me the watch with a Sundust stick dial.
KathleenL is offline   Reply With Quote