View Single Post
Old 15 March 2024, 11:41 PM   #7
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Actually, the whole watch industry copies from the past and other manufacturers in terms of case design, dials and movement structure. Some designs are iconic, and time tested, and everyone uses them once the patents run out. I actually have a homage Sub coming and will share when it arrives next month.
I think there's a fine like all things. Some "homage" watches use similar but broad design language while others are just straight copies with a different logo.

Until Rolex turns back the clock to 2015 when you could just walk in to a shop, hand over a bunch of money and walk out with anything you want, I'm all for micro brands making beautiful watches that clearly pay homage to the big name watches.

There's one homage watch that always has me baffled though. It's the The Gevril “Paul Newman” Daytona. I've seen it on the market for like $4000-5000. What's the deal with that watch? It seems to be valuable (relatively) and collectible.

If you don't mind me asking which Sub homage are you getting and what is the price point?
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote