View Single Post
Old 29 March 2024, 06:28 AM   #87
warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
I understand what you’re saying re: opinions. And you can dislike the PVD indices and however they look on the watch all you want and prefer the black dial over the white, of course! however, “cheap” is not really the word I would use. I saw the watch and nothing about it is “ cheap “, including the indices.

Whenever people roll their eyes at an opinion, it’s a cliche to say “ opinions are like a-holes…everyone has one.” That’s a glib lazy response. ( and I know you didn’t say that, of course)

To which I reply in SPECIFIC circumstances, “ yeah but some opinions are certainly better than others”.

I own the black Hesalite 3861 btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
Worthy of judgement? Wow. OK. Furthermore, this is a discussion on the white vs black dials per the thread title, so it's perfectly valid to have an opinion against the white dial as well.

So, no, I don't think it's absurd. The applied indices do look a bit off to me on this dial. Maybe its because they are PVD coated... I think they look great on the gold Speedmasters but this one doesn't do it for me either. I wanted to like it, and when I first saw the "leaked" photo, I had to have it. But the more I see real world pictures, I'm less and less interested. That said, I have not seen it in person, so that may change, but I doubt it.

Last edited by warrior; 29 March 2024 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: Additions
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote