View Single Post
Old 12 April 2024, 03:39 PM   #48
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
All 5 of mine are within COSC and a couple are actually within Rolex's -2/+2.

I agree with the earlier poster in this thread who said that accuracy is something that I think we should quite rightly hold Rolex (and other "expensive" brands) to. They make a big deal out of accuracy in their marketing, and we all know it's eminently possible for them to be regulated to an extremely high standard. Hell, I also have watches by Chinese micro's running Seiko NH35's and even those can be regulated to COSC spec, so it's not unreasonable to expect our Rolexes to be well regulated as well.

At the end of the day I expect everything I buy to do what it's designed and marketed to do. To me it's not about "living your life to the second" or "fretting over inconsequential stuff", it's about expecting products you buy to perform as expected, and holding manufacturers to account when they don't.

Each to their own of course, but this is something I can never get my head around. Reminds me of my dad who used to pay extra to buy cars with every optional extra under the sun, and then never use any of them.
Yeah I hear you 100%, time is something I have plenty of, so time, day of the week really are of little importance to me to a certain extent, when needed phone or the quarter chime of my grandfather clock works a treat.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote