View Single Post
Old 19 April 2024, 02:02 AM   #14
swexlin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankflapjack View Post
And to be asking an obvious question - you're unscrewing the crown, right? e.g. turning the crown counterclockwise as you face it? Because if you don't unscrew the crown, then yeah, you're going to have a REALLY hard time pulling on the crown stem.

Beyond that, I agree with the other suggestions here - wiggle the crown a bit back and forth (clockwise and counterclockwise) perhaps until it "pops" out a bit more from the case - that should be position 1 for manual winding.

Tug a bit more on the crown stem for position 2 (date adjustment) and then again a bit more for position 3 (for time adjustment).

If you have unscrewed the crown stem to position 1 and still have a hard time pulling/tugging it further, then I would suggest a trip to your AD or sending your Sub to RSC for service.

Frank
Interesting discussion.

I have a brand new (from AD) YM 40 two weeks now. It pulls into postion 2 just fine, but can be (sometimes) difficult to get into Position 3 (hacking). It just barely clicks, and hacks, then I touch it, and it's back to Pos 2. It's not a very pronounced "click". I have a couple others with this movement, and they don't do it. I'll monitor it, it may just be normal for this watch. I'd hate to have to send a new watch in for warranty already.
swexlin is offline   Reply With Quote