View Single Post
Old 22 April 2024, 05:57 AM   #21
BETRNSX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post
I feel you on this and am growing a bit jaded as well. I don't have the income to be a whale and get all the pieces that I want at retail. I also don't have the income to pay grey prices, or those that I do--I can't bring myself to pay that much over retail for it.
I think higher end brands (namely Rolex, AP, PP) are pushing away a large portion of their potential customer base slowly by allowing the current system to continue. Eventually, I really think it's going to bite them.
On the topic of Rolex, it makes no sense to me why Rolex is okay allowing their reputation to be damaged by the AD practices.
Some would claim it makes you want what you can't have. For me, it is just depressing and makes me want to give up either on Rolex or watches altogether, since Rolex is my favorite brand.
I agree. People used to save up and get a Rolex as a sign they made it and someday pass it down to their kids. But if they are becoming impossible to get without playing games. John Smith who has no idea what they are getting themselves into won’t be the market demographic anymore.
BETRNSX is offline   Reply With Quote