View Single Post
Old 22 April 2024, 06:51 AM   #12
lencap
"TRF" Member

I've owned several GS watches. Love the dials and workmanship, but found they don't lie well on my wrist. Cases a bit too thick, and the bracelets are not very adjustable or comfortable. The leather straps are a bit more comfortable, but the complex design also doesn't seem to fit very well. Surprisingly, my DJ 41 Oyster has just as much case reflection and eye appeal, at least to me, as the Zaratsu polishing on the DJ. I also love a clean white stick market dial - only the DJ 41 currently has that option. I had the SBGA437 Spring Drive, and it had an amazing dial, but I just couldn't get it to fit comfortably. Also had the SBGR261 with an amazingly attractive "eggshell" dial and crocodile strap. Great look, excellent quality, but again too thick and not comfortable on the wrist. Perhaps a newer slimmer case will help, but the bands/straps still fall far below Rolex comfort levels, at least on my wrist.

GP is a fine watch, but it doesn't seem to "sing" to me. Maybe it's a bit like Rolex - the most popular models are wonderful watches, but seem to be everywhere.

I've had many Omegas, and they are very nice watches. I also have issues with the fit - they don't seem to lie comfortably on my wrist - Speedy and SeaMaster had same issue, and I no longer own either. I tried GlobeMaster at the AD and it also didn't quite work for comfort/fit. Still, all are fine watches and I admire the Co-Axial design very much.
lencap is offline   Reply With Quote