View Single Post
Old 25 April 2024, 06:28 AM   #12
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman, Kermit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoRoRo View Post
Wearing clothes is different. Trousers and shoes for example depend a lot on style, use, textures.

The style of a watch dial, bezel and strap is more cohesive as it is one. The style should suit.

Hence why a nato looks better on a 5 digit sub that has an aluminium with a slightly sheened bezel, whereas on a ceramic 6 digit it just looks wrong.

It’s nice to think that colours would just generally match but there’s more at play with a blue dial santos compared to a white dial which has slightly more neutrality which is why a lot more straps suit it.

Comparing a 5 and 6 digit reference Rolex is apples and oranges. While they may carry the same name some many have completely different cases, lugs, dials, hands, etc. Honestly, I'm not a fan of a Nato straps regardless of the model.

Have you actually tried any of the other color straps on a blue Santos, or are you simply going by what you can or can't imagine? The blue is a gradient dial that goes to a very dark gray almost black at the outer edges, so I'm not sure why you think black wouldn't work with it or gray (depending on the shade chosen). Anyway, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.
Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote