View Single Post
Old 26 April 2024, 01:00 PM   #27
BigPapiDoesItAgain
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post
I don’t weigh in here much because most discussions watch-related have devolved into this sort of complaining. Plus many watch releases these days are meh to me, I agree stuff’s a pain to wait on, etc.

However, defaming the individual you’re talking about is not something I’m having. Unless you have proof of what you’re suggesting - which spoiler alert, you don’t, because he would never do such things - I strongly suggest curbing this foolishness.

Adam’s not some watch dude I trust, he’s a dear friend and a human I trust. We’re talking about a guy who served his country honorably and knows his business down to the ground. I would deal with him in confidence.

This person was the cornerstone of the Adler’s watch business before hanging up his loupe for the time being and is a total pro.

It’s a bummer to see these smaller doors close, and I’ve really enjoyed my visits and purchases from the Canal St and Metairie locations, but it’s a harsh to assign blame in this manner based on false assumptions and conjecture.
Makes me feel good to hear that from someone who knows him. I had a good feeling from him taking care of me on that two watch transaction back in December. Was helpful and cordial to this out of towner (I am from the Northern half of Louisiana) for his store and knew a whole lot about what he was selling.

I'll ad this bit - the Nomos I bought had a strap that was too big. He sent me home with it - it was a cordovan strap mind you - and told me he would call the rep and have the Nomos strap of my choice sent to me at home. Followed up on Monday after I was back home, got the strap sent out to me. Turns out the replacement was too small, lol. I sent him a text, he told me to keep that strap and he had a new one sent out and I had it in two days. Again, I was buying fairly pedestrian pieces - a SS Panthere with diamond bezel and the aforementioned Nomos and I was treated like an old customer.
BigPapiDoesItAgain is offline   Reply With Quote