View Single Post
Old 28 April 2024, 01:11 PM   #1031
Shmoopy
"TRF" Member

Recently got into cologne, as Le Labo stopped making the shower gel I was using (Vetiver 46).

My history of cologne/perfume consists of wearing Ungaro 3 in the 90s, avoiding the popular choices back then of Drakkar Noir and Coolwater lol.

As luck would have it, an old friend of mine owns a niche perfume store, and I must admit I was like a kid in a candy shop. It's great because I have never heard of any of the brands other than Creed, so I really wasn't influenced by marketing or some of the ridiculous reviews I have since seen on Fragrantica. Between visiting his store a few times and Nordstrams, I am starting to figure out what I like.

I'm still seeing how some samples interact with my skin, but thus far some of my favorites are: Fragrance Du Bois Oud Vert Intense (my first purchase), Roja Burlington 1819 (probably going to be my second), Boka Zelen, Perris Monte Carlo Vetiver Java, Kilian Sacred Wood and Kilian Intoxicated.

My wife loves Eight and Bob the original on me, which I find nice. Surprisingly, this perfume has attracted the most attention and questions from others.

I loved the initial smells of Elysium, but it just smells awful on me after a couple hours. I like that the FDB Oud Vert smell remains constant

Feel free to throw out any recommendations. This new hobby is cheaper than watches for sure, ha!
Shmoopy is offline   Reply With Quote