View Single Post
Old 29 April 2024, 11:18 AM   #86
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
As long as we’re throwing unverifiable numbers around is it safe to say that there are probably a million 32XX watches in circulation? And much of the reading I’ve done on the tech forum thread has suggested that it was the early adopters of the 32XX movements who tend to be the most active and vocal about the issue on that thread and were the ones hit the hardest by the issue. So 1400 responses out of a theoretical million watches isn’t a meaningful data set and since the ratio of early versus late adopters and their watches can’t be corrected for in the poll data that makes the numbers even fuzzier.

Listen, I respect and value your input here on the forum and am grateful for all that I have learned from your posts but you chose your own words and chose to qualify twice your support of the poll data which suggests that you yourself are not even convinced of its veracity.
Way more than a million 32xx movements in circulation, but they are over represented in terms of appearances at RSCs for ongoing timekeeping issues and in polls to that effect.
In comparison to the even greater numbers of 31xx movements that Rolex built a solid reputation on, the relevant number would be smaller.

I wonder what the perception of the movements would be if Rolex hadn't got ahead of themselves and gone for trumpeting the in-house and exclusive +2/-2 tolerance and 5 year warranty with 10 year service intervals to try and out do Omega
If Rolex were playing poker, they would've done their ass with a bluff like that.
It's a bit like bringing a knife to a gunfight in comparison. Even if it had the Rolex logo and name on the handle of the knife.

The sad part is that some people got caught and will continue to do so.
Also that all 6 digit Rolex watches are unfairly tarnished by the bad rep of what may lurk within, when not all 6 digit watches have a 32xx movement with some of the best of them also have 31xx movements and have done so since 2001.
Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote