View Single Post
Old 30 April 2024, 12:28 PM   #7
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
The last time I sent one of mine in for a service, it was due in terms my lived history(5 - 5.5 years as a daily wearer), but it was for an obscure and barely perceptable reason.
Interestingly in this instance which was an all time first for me, the watch was running particularly well as it normally ran about -1.5 seconds per day, but it had started to speed up and was much closer to being absolutely spot on.
So to answer your question there is no hard and fast rule, except to say that the Achilles heel for a 31xx movement is known to be the lubrication requirements of the bearing arrangement for the oscillating weight which is crucial for the Automatic winding mechanism.
Thanks, bud! Appreciate the info.

Does anyone want to admit how long they have had their 31xx without service, and yet it still runs fine?

Is there any hard evidence that anyone can do actual damage to the movement if it goes too long without service. I know that some advocate service every 10 years, while others advocate not to send it in until it ceases running accurately.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote