View Single Post
Old 30 April 2024, 06:48 PM   #24
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
I've been seeing these posts so I went out and purchased a timegrapher. All of the 32xx movements I have in my collection are +/- 0 seconds. I have five watches with a variation on this movement bought over the past seven or so years. My only Rolex without a 32xx movement is a 216570 from 2013 that I recently had serviced after 10 years of use and it's also keeping perfect time.

I am sure there are issues with movements. There always have been and will continue to be. The problem is people are blowing these issues out of proportion or making it seems it is commonplace given the exposure the internet provides. All my watches run perfectly, it doesn't mean that there aren't defective movements. On a long enough timeline, all movements become defective. I just don't see this being the norm.

In my anecdotal experience, my Omega watches with co-axial movements keep far superior time over a long period of time and that includes my handwound Speedmaster Moonwatch.
Your experience is excellent and so it should be considering the growing gap between average earnings and the purchase price of this class of wrist watches
We generally hope to be able to hear more about these types of experiences from a broader range of participants
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote