View Single Post
Old 1 May 2024, 09:43 AM   #17
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by East of Eden View Post
Possibly these problem watches are being sent to a different service center than where Bas works. I’m not seeing any fewer issues on this forum.

Exactly, however I feel bad for those who spent their hard earned money on a watch with a defective movement that Rolex DID know about? How is this not grounds for a class action suit? Imagine that discovery process.

The outbursts will be epic when 32xx owners find out repairs are at full cost when out of warranty. If Rolex did otherwise they’d be admitting culpability.

Personally, life has enough unpleasant surprises for me to buy a known problem. Hope is not a strategy.
Discovery process?
I imagine one may have as much success in China or Russia as with Rolex.
As you note, there will be no possible admission of culpability, but they might offer a new and vastly improved world beating new movement as an exchange with a 33 in front of its designator. It will be an exclusive offer of an upgrade path for the life of the watch to original owners provided proof of purchase and regular RSC service history.
An industry first to demonstrate their ongoing commitment to their customer base
It will run along side the CPO programme
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote