View Single Post
Old 6 May 2024, 04:57 AM   #5
mrmahdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Well said

It's a put down or downright condecending on a number of levels as if one has some kind of mental or emotional deficiency.
Those that put COSC specs forward as an acceptable standard that anyone that hasn't got any of the above deficiency issues possibly could be able to look at it from another perspective.
What would they say about their COSC watch movement if it was running 20 or 30 seconds or in some cases even more seconds per day slower than the COSC specs and getting progressively worse when they paid serious $s for the watch and they full well know they could've bought a Seiko or some other brand at a similar price point straight out of a jeweller anywhere down the road and at a discount(without the wait list/expression of interest palava) and get better overall performance
Totally agree 👍🏽.

I still want to know what triggers some people to trivialize people’s concern about what a company ADVERTISES as a selling point for a lot of people. Sure, some people might go overboard and be OCD about it, but some people in this forum just feel compelled to be dismissive, condescending and even outright disrespectful every time a person addresses accuracy issues with their watch.

As you stated, we paid a lot of money for something that is advertised as accurate to then not be accurate. We have the right to express our concerns without people mocking us and making us out to be crazy. I don’t mind constructive criticism and feedback, but to the point of condescension and even rudeness is where I draw the line.

At the end of the day, we are all different. Some don’t care about accuracy at all. Others do. We don’t have agree with each other, but we all should be respectful.