View Single Post
Old 7 November 2009, 11:22 AM   #1
ufo212

Watch: 116234 M serial
1st Post - Please advise on my wedding purchase (SS DJ)

Hello TRF members. This is my 1st post so please understand if i do not have
wide knowledge about rolexes.

My fiance and I are in shopping for our wedding watches and decided to go with Rolex.

My fiance currently have SS Date with jubilee bracelet, fluted bezel, white dial, romans in 26mm.

We were thinking about same style watch but just different size to match as a couple.

I really love the jubilee bracelet with fluted bezel look.

I went to my AD and tried on the Black dial with romans and i fell in love with it. I also tried on DJ II with black dial with romans.

I was eyeing on DJ II since it was new collection but 41mm was kind of big for my figure, also did not like oyster bracelet that much.

I decided 36mm was classic and right size for me.

Here is my dilemma, i got quoted $5500 including tax for my SS DJ fluted bezel jubilee bracelet, black dial with romans.

$5300 for my fiance's DJ mid size same as above, so grand total of $10,900 for both watches.

but one of Los Angeles jewelry district dealer quoted me $10,600 for both watches, but i know this is grey market. (not an AD)

Since this is my valuable investment would you guys recommend where i should purchase my watch?

one of my friend told me its ok to purchase from grey market since rolex is serviced at dealer not the jeweler, but my AD told me it can be rejected in some case for service or what not.

and one more thing, do you think its too much if i get diamonds every hour version? (im 29 btw)

Thanks You guys in advance.

Good day~
ufo212 is offline   Reply With Quote