View Single Post
Old 15 December 2006, 04:32 AM   #26
haakon59
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check those out - are they all GMT watches as well as alarm watches? Sounds like the GP is at least.

The Sonata is definitely one I would love to have. I have heard a few of these in person and the Sonata chime is much different than any of the others, including the JLC. If you watch the video clips in my initial post you will hear the difference. The UN is more of a chime than an alarm.......some of the others are more of a buzzing sound.
Just wanted to clarify that the sound comparison I was making in my head was from the now discontinued model the JLC Master Reveil, not the JLC Master Compressor, which you had listed above. Don't know why I made that switch, but I didn't mean to mislead. The JLC Master Reveil has a soft chiming sound, similar to the Sonata although the Sonata's is louder and cuts through noise din better. Sorry about the confusion.

To answer your question about GMT function: the Dubey & Schaldenbrand and the Girard Perregaux do have GMT, while the Eterna instead has the day of the week and the Revue Thommen has neither. Hope this clarifies things.
haakon59 is offline   Reply With Quote