View Single Post
Old 16 April 2010, 11:26 AM   #118
marie
"TRF" Member

Watch: UN Starry Night
WOW... Sorry I missed all that we were having dinner.

Thanks for all the compliments!
Ok here's what I do:

I put a bunch of the Costco/Kirkland rub on the full racks of pork ribs. If you can't find that the key for us is having a good Mesquite rub that has a good balance of brown sugar flavor but with enough black pepper to give it some kick.

I have a roasting pan with a heavy duty rack, and I placed the ribs on the rack. I never boil my ribs first-but especially important if I am cooking them in the oven. You want the dry heat to slowly break down and melt the fat in the meat. The same principal applies to a good pulled pork as well.

Then I set my oven on Roast at 300 for the first 2 hours, (My oven is a convection oven and when I set it to 300 it automatically adjust the temp down 25 degrees)and I turned them over at least twice. After two hours I turned the oven down to about 250 and let them cook another 2 hours. Whenever I would turn them I would baste them with the pan drippings to keep them moist. Let them cook until they just start to fall apart. Keep checking them often, obviously mine weren't dry but it can happen very quickly if you aren't careful.

We didn't even use BBQ sauce because they turned out so well.

Thanks for all the compliments... I love to cook and I am always looking for an excuse to feed people so if you are in town let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8631.jpg (130.1 KB, 377 views)